Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Holy Crap

I need three cards to complete my 1972 football in PSA 8 or better and one was closed tonight. It is #301 Walt Garrison. It is a high series card and the last on went for around $60 about 6 months ago. A PSA 9 went for $113 about six weeks ago. So I put my snipe in at $90 and took off to paint the new house. I get back home and look at the auction. My snipe wasn't even high enough. I was over bidding plenty, or so I thought.

Son of a !#%!@#. Well, I just had to vent.

I gotta shower now to clean off all the paint.

Comments

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Very surprising to me, too. I'm selling some '72 football stuff for a buddy. I really know nothing about it and thought my friend was crazy for wanting a $24.99 opening bid for what I assumed was a PSA 8 common. Silly me. Those cards seemed to do well, but again, I really have no basis for comparison.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    djspanndjspann Posts: 541
    Ouch. Those are really tough. Did you get that Clint Jones #166 yet in PSA 8 or 9, by the way?

Doug
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    I got jones in a 7 for three bucks. there were two 8's just graded so hopefully they sell them soon
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    I got one of the PSA 8 Jones but I'm STILL waiting for it to be delivered. PSA says it was shipped on July 3, hopefully will be here and listed on Ebay by Sunday night.

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    djspanndjspann Posts: 541
    Nice pick up on the Jones PSA 7 for $3.