Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Are there any Player sets...

Just wondering if anyone knows if there are any player sets either basic or master, in any sport, ( more likely basic ) that are at least 75% complete and all the cards included are graded PSA 10.

Im guessing if there is one out there that it would more than likely be of a modern player.

My goal is to complete the basic set im working on, which happens to be of a modern player in all PSA 10's

DP

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    DP:

I'm not even sure which player sets for which that may even be presently possible. [e.g. a PSA 10 has been graded for every possible example]. On the Schmidt basic, I have 41 of 43 cards in PSA 10 - but there has never been a 1975 PSA 10 #70 graded.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    I'm working on a Rookie set of Mark Mulder in PSA 10. I just started doing the collection maybe a month or two ago and he only has another 46 rookies that would be included in the set. Some will be near impossible(bowman refractors #to 100 for example) but if I can't get a PSA 10 I'll get a 9 if the price is right. He's having a majorly off season so I'm doing good price wise. I figure to be finished with this set by next season, hopefully sooner. I'm also picking up multiples of his rookies in raw form to send in to be graded down the road.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    beach64beach64 Posts: 218 ✭✭
    What a sad state of baseball cards today when you "only" need 46 more rookies of a player.
  • Options
    beach-I know right! But again, look at todays(current) sets and guys have upwards of 150-200+ rooks(parrelels included). My list includes all his minor league cards as well. Of course comparing to the good old days yeah it sucks a big one. But I don't collect rookie master sets of every player, and this was one of those...eh it'll be fun to see if I can do it. Plus, he's having such an off season that I'm getting steals. Some for cheaper than the cost of grading myself so I can't complain about that.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    Even the Michael Jordan Basic set is missing about 8-9 cards in PSA 10...
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    Topps, good luck in your chase for Mulders

mikeschmidt, i see your point but i believe it's possible and i plan on achieving it :-). Very nice Schmitty collection by the way

My set btw-only a few months in the making

DP
  • Options
    I never said it wasn't possible. But for most player sets - even theoretically possible will be a few years away and many thousand dollars.