Home Metal Detecting
Options

Another day in the bush..

ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

I've had a very slow June as far as MD'ing goes. Some interesting countries visited, but too little time - and in some countries the legislation is just too much of a hassle to gamble on staying out of trouble. I always try to select innocent sites with absolutely no historic significance (which no doubt limits my finds) but even then some countries are hopeless..

Now I've been out a bit again, in native Finland no less.
Summer is here, and the weather has been great! image

Here's a typical Zot-site. I was hoping to pick up coins from potential picnics in the olden days... (if not 'golden', at least silvery.. image )

Grr... these sites are easier to detect in the spring than in the middle of summer..

I fell short on pictures of furry animals on this outing.

I was, however, 'entertained' by horseflies to the extreme. These damned things come out on hot days like this.
I had between 5 and 10 of them circling me at all times, which can drive you nuts. It was easy to ignore them once I put the headphones on, but of course they were still biting me. I racked up countless bites, particularly on my neck and arms. image

Anyway, I'll have to substitiute animal pictures for these wildflowers image

The weather was so good that my detecting motivation was lacking at times. This looked like a nice spot for a break..

Maybe someone had been sitting here 100 years ago as well, dropping silver coins?...
One can dream... image

Can't you just feel the urgency...? image

Shot from exact same position as the previous picture but pointing upwards image

Sooo.. did I find anything? ..
Not really. I thought the site would have potential for silver (and still do), but I only found a few more modern coins. 1920's was the oldest if memory serves. There wasn't too much trash though, and I found nothing more recent than 1960's, which was good news.

Here's a representative example of the finds, a camouflage colored 5 penniä 1936. I had tossed these into a jar already, but recognized this one when fishing around in it image )

Thanks for looking!
Happy hunting.. and take it easy! image

-Z
Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the story :-)

Jerry

CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    Great post Zot. I really like the look of that one "transformation to the old days" shot.

By the way, I missed seeing your obligatory wild animal pic.
    (I guess the one wearing the boots will have to count image)

• Options

<< <i>By the way, I missed seeing your obligatory wild animal pic.
    (I guess the one wearing the boots will have to count image) >>

They aren’t “wild animals”, they cuddly animals.

I posted some cuddly animals last month.
    imageimage
  • Options
    <<They aren’t “wild animals”, they cuddly animals.>>

Well I don't know... that squirrel in Zot's avatar looks pretty ferocious... like something out of a Stephen King novel! imageimage

<<I posted some cuddly animals last month.>>

Saw your pics... those are some great shots!
  • Options
    Thanks, Riccar. I look forward to reading Zot’s posts because he describes where, how and what he finds and includes lots of pics.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Looks like a nice spot....I really like the old time photo, very cool....Well when you were sitting maybe you dropped a coin for someone 100 years from now to find
    Love them busts!
    I am Looking to Buy California Tokens too.
  • Options
    Nice post Zot!

Keep after it. It could have potential.

Good luck!
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage