Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Card Savers?

hi, i'm brand new to cards and grading matters, but i have one very valuable card i'll be sending in for grading. however, when i picked up these card savers at my local card shop, i later found out that they are ultra-pro's 4x3 card saver IIs, not the oversized savers. i'm just wondering, since i noticed someone said something in another thread that IIs are acceptable in some cases, can i send the card in a card saver II? anyone else have experience with this? oh, and the card is a 1970 Topps Nolan Ryan if it makes a difference.
thanks so much for any help
jon

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Jon!

To start with - how are you getting the card to PSA?

If you join the club, they will send you 6 cardsavers and all the stuff you need to make your submission.

Do you have a scanner - I wouldn't mind seeing the card.

Anyway - good luck - don't be a stranger - shoes not required.
    your friend
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    well, since i'm just getting this one card graded, there is a no-fee courtesy service PSA can use, so unfortunately i dont get any card savers. i don't really know how i'll be sending it quite yet, haven't got that far yet - can you recommend something?
    and i guess i'll just be using the regular 10-day, $15 service, since that's the minimum they require for the courtesy service.
    i'd love to show you the card, but i dont have a scanner. well, once i get it graded, itll probably be up on ebay, so maybe you can see it there.
    jon
  • Options
    Jon

I'm not familiar with the "courtesy" service but I would imagine you follow their instructions.

The card is gonna be snug in the holder but I think considering it's only one card, I don't think they'll be sending out the PSA cops or anything?

If you look at the icons on the upper right, you will see a lock on my group - if you press it, you can send me a private message - give me your address, and I will send you a few of the bigger card savers to use in your submission.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Jon

Go to your "PROFILE" and scroll down till you see a line that says: ALLOW PRIVATE MESSAGES and press the radio button "ON."

And the answer is no problem - addy and tell me how many you need.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    If you get some big card-savers, you have no problem.

If not, you can cut open one side of a CSII ; then, cut
    another one and slip it over the opening on the first
    one. Probably good to use a penny-saver on the card
    b4 you begin.

I have only used the "proper" CSs once, but it IS possible
    to hurt a card with the CSII.

storm
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2022 3:22PM

What brand of Card Saver 1's are great for protecting cards and to use for submissions to PSA? Where is the best place to get them in terms of price, service, and speed of delivery? I am planning on submitting very soon.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the boards Jon!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    Welcome to the boards Jon!

Jon's OP was from 2006

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I didn't welcome him then, I welcome him now.

Posting from my phone, can barely see the tiny letters.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

I buy my card savers from Walmart. They come in boxes of 50 or 100 I believe. I can send you some if you just need a few?

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

A 17 year thread resurrection. Pretty impressive!

Daniel