Home Sports Talk
Options

The Atlanta Braves sure stink this year

Must be hard being a Braves fan.

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Dunno...14 straight division titles eases the pain I am sure.
  • Options
    Division Title=Paper Champion. In that same stretch the Marlins won more World Championships.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    And the last 5 years have produced division championships for the yankees, despite having the highest payroll in all of baseball.

Are they paper champions too?

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well they are going to have to go on one hell of a winning streak to make it 15 in a row.

Trade rumors with Smoltz are rampant -- most think he will go to Detroit if he approves a trade.
  • Options

<< <i>And the last 5 years have produced division championships for the yankees, despite having the highest payroll in all of baseball.

Are they paper champions too? >>

Yep, because unless it's a World Series title they bring back they are only champs on paper.

Coin-Smoltz to D-town? Wow, now that'll be one mean rotation. I mean...the best rotation in the bigs.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Braves = .420 WP, 14 and a half games out. The original statement is accurate and has nothing to do with any other team that a deluded nitwit cares to comment on.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    I 100% agree! You win it all or your season was for nothing and I will always feel that way. I was on here last year and the year before talking about John Sherholtz and his inability to grab the one extra guy that would put them on equal footing with basically anyone else who made the playoffs (and of course this is probably ownership but who knows--I just don't think he likes to give up prospects but look where that got him). To me it's a colossal joke you make the playoffs for 14 years in a row (besides 94 of course where the Spos would have beat them probably by 15+ games), and you have ONE World Series to your name--joke, joke, joke, so happy to see them in the basement where they belong--BRING BACK THE 80's!!!!
    Jay
  • Options
    If a team is picked to finish last in the division, and every expert out there says you are destined to come in last, and you win the division (yet don't win the world series), is that year really a failure?
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942

<< <i>Dunno...14 straight division titles eases the pain I am sure. >>

When you have had that level of success for so long does a down year really feel good?

Picture in USA Today showed four Atlanta fans with bags over their heads. I think that sums it up pretty well.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Dunno...14 straight division titles eases the pain I am sure. >>

When you have had that level of success for so long does a down year really feel good?

Picture in USA Today showed four Atlanta fans with bags over their heads. I think that sums it up pretty well. >>

Didn't say it felt good, but when you have been in the postseason 14 straight years, to have one off year isn't all that terrible.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Braves = .420 WP, 14 and a half games out. The original statement is accurate and has nothing to do with any other team that a deluded nitwit cares to comment on.

deluded nitwit=Axhole.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Moronic soft brain simple-minded idiot = WP
  • Options
    What's frustrating is that they are on pace to set a major league record for 1 run losses. Their pythagorean win/loss ratio is 4.2% higher than their real win/loss to validate their losses are from close games.

Jorge Sosa is closing image He's a guy that gives up more HR's per inning pitched than most anyone in baseball. Bobby Cox says his control is too good.

The starting pitching is getting better.

Chuck James has a 1.93 ERA and is 2-0 in his 2 MLB starts.

Horacio Ramirez has been great since coming off the DL in late May. In 7 starts, he's only had 1 bad outing. In his 6 good outings, his ERA is 1.63, and he's gone 8 or more innings in half of those starts.

Tim Hudson started sucking right around the time I bought a PSA 10 of his RC...
  • Options

<< <i>Jorge Sosa is closing image He's a guy that gives up more HR's per inning pitched than most anyone in baseball. Bobby Cox says his control is too good. >>

Sosa does it again...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Jorge Sosa is closing image He's a guy that gives up more HR's per inning pitched than most anyone in baseball. Bobby Cox says his control is too good. >>

Sosa does it again... >>

They've now mastered the art of blowing multiple saves in one game. It really takes talent to score runs and then give away the lead and no more only to repeat...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Sosa does it again... >>

They've now mastered the art of blowing multiple saves in one game. It really takes talent to score runs and then give away the lead and no more only to repeat... >>

Another BS (3 so far this game 2 by Sosa)