Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Haha...both of these sellers are claiming their card is 1/1

And silly me is high bidder on both:

Seller 1
Seller 2

Comments

• pop reports out of date.. there was a montana psa 10 up recently that a guy said was a 1/1 psa 10... wasn't, but mine USED to be.. they just haven't updated the pop reports image
  • BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    agreed.

I'd be a bit more concerned if the auction stated '1/0'
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭✭
    I love how so many sellers play dumb with pop reports. If your grades came in on a date when the pop reports had not yet been updated, then obviously your cards are not reflected in the pop report. I say play dumb because there are sellers who do this on purpose.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • you gotta love the guys that play the numbers game....

"the figures don't lie...the lairs figure"

I recently had a handful of 10's come back....several were still listed as one of one....
    When I ran my auctions, I stated right in them..shows as a one of one...but is actually atleast a one of 3 seeing I just got 2 others back.

Playing the reverse numbers game will only burn you in the end and leave a bitter taste in the buyers mouths...

Just my 2 cents..

Bruce (5_stat)
  • did you realize that BOTH sellers are in Indianapolis also... = SAME GUY....2 id's??
  • RipkenRipken Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure some do play those games, but you have to be paying very close attention to the pop reports to know how many cards there are of a certain player in a certain grade in a certain set. If you're collecting that set or a specific player, you might be clued in. However, if you're selling cards across a number of sets, it's asking a lot to expect that kind of knowledge. The onus really falls on PSA to be more diligent about updating the list. I wouldn't expect it every day--but certainly once a week...and during major specials like the one they just had, twice a week would be preferred.
  • pop reports should be updated before the customer is even notified that his order is ready IMO.
  • I thought if you state 1/1 due to the pop report (even if you're correct), ebay will pull your auction.
  • they did that to me also.. the best way is to use a subtitle and spell it out..

1999 topps JOE SMITH RC psa 10
    the only one graded psa 10!

or something like that. best way around their bs that i've found.. they pulled an auction of mine once for the same thing, really ticked me off because it was absolutely true and the card had lots of bids.... @)(#$@ ebay.

i tried to fight it but eventually just gave up and took a nap. nazis.
  • Yeah I've had some1/1 auctions pulled by the ebay nazis but I changed it to only one graded a psa 10 and it got left alone. Sometimes the ebay police get carried away. But the ebay nazis have a new one. They pulled one of my auctions last week apparently i used the players name more then 10 times in my description i was told this was key word spamming. HUH! just for info watch out
  • zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>Yeah I've had some1/1 auctions pulled by the ebay nazis but I changed it to only one graded a psa 10 and it got left alone. Sometimes the ebay police get carried away. But the ebay nazis have a new one. They pulled one of my auctions last week apparently i used the players name more then 10 times in my description i was told this was key word spamming. HUH! just for info watch out >>

Seems like a good businessman.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • I had my "pick 10 commons" from this group of 100 pulled by eBay even though there are hundreds of the same auctions that don't get pulled.