Home Sports Talk
Options

Steven A. Smith

jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
I hate him almost as much as he hates the blazers and the "white man." What a chump. I now offically want to fight him.

Comments

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>I hate him almost as much as he hates the blazers and the "white man." What a chump. I now offically want to fight him. >>

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is a dirt bag
  • Options
    I like that he brings an attitude to the "table" so to speak. I like that he berates people and goes after them. Very similar to Jim Grey.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    He's an arrogant A-hole
    Travis
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942

<< <i>I like that he brings an attitude to the "table" so to speak. I like that he berates people and goes after them. Very similar to Jim Grey. >>

I like people that bring some "attitude" to a discussion but I think he goes over the line from time to time.

Last year he was coming down on Brett Farve pretty hard and tried to drag his guests down that same road but none of them
    took the bait, I sensed that he was frustrated by that. image

I'm not sure if he really hates white people but he seems more at ease talking with black athletes on his show.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Rome's worse!

Steve
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's a total (short for Richard).
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I like that he brings an attitude to the "table" so to speak. I like that he berates people and goes after them. Very similar to Jim Grey. >>

I like people that bring some "attitude" to a discussion but I think he goes over the line from time to time.

Last year he was coming down on Brett Farve pretty hard and tried to drag his guests down that same road but none of them
    took the bait, I sensed that he was frustrated by that. image

I'm not sure if he really hates white people but he seems more at ease talking with black athletes on his show. >>

Well I saw his interview with Cal, and I don't get to see his show often(getting up for work at 5 am kind of puts a damper on late night tv) but I don't think he "hates" white people at all. He's a smart guy and realizes there is a market for his "style", why not capitalize on it while still getting his point across?

Jim Rome is horrible, has a bunch of dead air, monotone, and all around very uninteresting.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    So saying Juwan Howard is as good as Larry Bird, who is overhyped because he is white then stating that Howard is a better player isn't strange to anyone. Saying he hates Wally Szerbiak because he is a big white chump, reeks of racism.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    I agree with ToppsCollectingman - he is riding the wave of his niche. I too saw the Cal interview....good job on his part. Of course, Cal is good at keeping the media in their place.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options

<< <i>So saying Juwan Howard is as good as Larry Bird, who is overhyped because he is white then stating that Howard is a better player isn't strange to anyone. Saying he hates Wally Szerbiak because he is a big white chump, reeks of racism. >>

If you haven't noticed, Wally has been a chump since draft night. Nowhere near the hype he had during Gonzagas NCAA tourney run. I didn't hear the Juwan howard/LB thing so I can't comment. I've heard him plenty of times make minorities into chum bait as well, so I guess those examples must not count since he himself is a minority? lol
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    He talks just because he likes to hear himself. He says so many things that are complete crap just to start a debate when there isn't on to be had. His ghetto-style annoys me because it seems forced. Just hearing his voice makes me turn the channel, similar to the times when Di<k Vitale is on.
  • Options

<< <i>He talks just because he likes to hear himself. He says so many things that are complete crap just to start a debate when there isn't on to be had. His ghetto-style annoys me because it seems forced. Just hearing his voice makes me turn the channel, similar to the times when Di<k Vitale is on. >>

He closes his show:

"This is my house, but you are welcome anytime".

Just the way he says it you know he means business and he is in charge. Don't forget that. image
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what do you want...Katie Couric doing sports talk shows? It's sports talk and Smith does a good job, asks pertinent questions and is entertaining.

Lighten up!
  • Options
    I happen to think he does a poor job, he is poor mans Jim Rome. Doesn't know jack about basketball and probably sucks back on wine coolers during the weekends. He is a racist and if a white man said the things he did they would be run out of town. How can he make comments about Bird and other white guys and Rush Limbaugh states the truth on McNabb and he gets thrown the the wolves.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    Saying he hates Wally Szerbiak because he is a big white chump, reeks of racism. >>

Did he say that on ESPN, or on his Philly radio show, because I never heard of that.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smith isn't extremely knowledgeable about football or baseball, however he knows basketball like the back of his hand. To make a statement like "doesn't know jack about basketball" is simply incorrect.

• Options

<< <i>Jim Rome's worse!

Steve >>

I keep hoping that Rome and Smith end up in a fight to the death. We can only dream.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    Bryant Gumbel image
  • Options

<< <i>Bryant Gumbel image >>

Sure, he is arrogant but I still like his way with words.