Home U.S. Coin Forum

I'm confused what coins are coming out?

I only heard about the gold buffalo 1 month before it went on sale.

Presidential $1 Coin Act of 2005...signed or not?
NASA and JPL 50th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Act...true or not?
2009 Numismatic pennies with the same metallic content as the 1909 penny?

Any other passed by by both house and senate?

Comments

• The US Mint web site is a very good source to find information on upcoming coins.

Hope this helps, Touchdown
  • Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    Presidential $1 Coin Act of 2005...signed or not?
    Signed, this was the same legislation that authorized the gold buffalo. President dollars begin in 2007

NASA and JPL 50th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Act...true or not?
    True but the bills are still under consideration. Personally I doubt this one will come to pass.

2009 Numismatic pennies with the same metallic content as the 1909 penny?
    True and signed. Again this was part of the same legislation as the gold buffalo and president dollars. There will be four different reverse designs for the cent in 2009 and the law directs that the cents for the numismatic sets can be made of the same bronze alloy as that used for the 1909 issues. They could have as many as 32 different varieties of cent that year with all the different combinations of design, composition and finish possible.
  • 32 different coins! I've said it before and I'll say it again: The mint is driving me nuts. I won't be surprised if the price of '09 mint and proof sets is north of $50 each.
  • I had heard of Solar System coins, Are they the NASA Commems mentioned, or something else?
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    Remember I said could be 32 different not that there will be.

4 designs copper plated zinc business strikes from Philadelphia
    4 designs copper plated zinc business strikes from Denver
    4 designs copper plated zinc Satin finish from Philadelpia
    4 designs copper plated zinc Satin finish from Denver
    4 designs copper plated zinc Proof from San Francisco
    4 designs bronze satin finish from Philadelphia
    4 designs bronze satin finish from Denver
    4 designs bronze proof from San Francisco

I can't help but wonder if the mint might offer a special 32 piece set. image Think I should suggest it to them?
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Remember I said could be 32 different not that there will be.

4 designs copper plated zinc business strikes from Philadelphia
    4 designs copper plated zinc business strikes from Denver
    4 designs copper plated zinc Satin finish from Philadelpia
    4 designs copper plated zinc Satin finish from Denver
    4 designs copper plated zinc Proof from San Francisco
    4 designs bronze satin finish from Philadelphia
    4 designs bronze satin finish from Denver
    4 designs bronze proof from San Francisco

I can't help but wonder if the mint might offer a special 32 piece set. image Think I should suggest it to them? >>

Well, this plethora of moderns should keep PCGS in business a few more years and give them more time to deal with the dwindling supply of classic coins that have not been slabbed yet.
  • librtyheadlibrtyhead Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭
    I got an e-mail on the san fransisco old mint anyone know when these will come out,a gold & silver combo,looks interesting.
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The US Mint web site is a very good source to find information on upcoming coins.

Hope this helps, Touchdown >>

It could be organized better, though. And there is nothing (that I can see) on the SF mint commems, which you would think would be there by now, given these are to be issued later this year.
  • kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>32 different coins! I've said it before and I'll say it again: The mint is driving me nuts. I won't be surprised if the price of '09 mint and proof sets is north of $50 each. >>

I wonder how the new, 3rd-slab-of-plastic coins will fit in the newer, bigger box, which prolly won't fit in the 99-08 ten piece proof set holders now sold by the mint.

Ugh, sometimes I feel like I'm collecting coins from Canada or Australia with all of this new stuff coming out. As soon as the mint starts doing Privvy marks or Lunar coins I'm out of here.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file