Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

High End Vintage Wax Boxes on Ebay, Thoughts?

I've been browsing through ebay listings this evening & came across quite a few high-end unopened wax boxes for sale by a new seller (from PA) executiveinvestments1. Any thoughts on the authenticity of these boxes?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Comments

• Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    If there was a 1974 box, there were 70+ '74T wrappers sold in an auction a month or two ago.

Caveat emptor...

• Options
    SEVEN feedback is a giant red flag... proceed with extreme caution. if there were wrappers sold like hh says, then that's an even bigger one.. i'm ready to pass judgment.

seller must die.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>SEVEN feedback is a giant red flag... proceed with extreme caution. >>

paoutdoorsman lives! VIVA NEDSK!!!!!
  • Options
    LWMMLWMM Posts: 471
    Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com
  • Options
    eh who knows.. probably not good.. but stranger things have happened.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PA connection seems a bit coincidental, I must admit.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya know...

I just think the risk is too high IMO.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    when in doubt, skip it.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    He's baaacckkk!

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    FYSFYS Posts: 194

<< <i>He's baaacckkk! >>

Maybe Ryan Rutter will endorse him again.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    i don't mean to cause a stir, but what happened with paoutdoorsman???? i was tracking a truckload of stuff, and then it all disappeared, never thought to find out why....just asking
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    come on now guys .... PA outdoorsman would have had much more eye candy then this guy. Unless of course he is trying to fly juuuuust under the radar image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    If you must ask....
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    Enola is still PAoutdoorsman's 'hood. I think he was in Carlisle, PA about 10 miles away. The 1978 baseball box looks like it is empty and beat.

1978 Topps Baseball box from some dude
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    Most sellers would opt for two pics. One of the box and one of it open showing the undisturbed packs, if they were still in there........
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭
    Only seller feedback so far, none yet from buyers. Looks like he bought some lots to complete sets.

The first auction ended on June 19.

executiveinvestments1 completed auctions

Sound familiar?

"This is part of a long time collector/card shop owner who after 25 years has decided to close his doors and thus has asked us to sell his entire inventory from his store and own collection. We will be listing approximately 10-15 items per night of the course of the next couple months. 90% of the collection is from 1975 to the present and consists of everything from single cards, sets, unopened wax boxes, memorabilia, bobble heads, graded cards etc. Everything he had in his store right down to the items hanging on the walls."

Do we dare resurrect the nedsk thread? image
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    OK, now I'm informed!!! Read thru the mountains of posts to learn.....Not going to venture an opinion here, of course, as so many have been offered already. However, I did just notice that NEDSK has been buying 1952 Topps commons in G-VG condition within the past few days. Bottom Line: Glad you all are here, Angels on my shoulder. ITZimage