Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Have Chinese fakes gotten so bad that...

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
That it's come to this!?

1964 Kennedy...
"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    It's not fake if the NCS slab says "genuine". This was sent in under "authenticate only" service, which is only a few bucks. The fact that it's in an NCS slab doesn't mean anything is wrong with it in the case of authenticate only coins. In this case I think the submitter was a bit misguided, in that he could have saved the fees and sold it raw as I don't think anyone would worry about buying a counterfeit '64 Kennedy.
  • Options
    FletcherFletcher Posts: 3,294
    Is that one of Russ'???
  • Options

<< <i>It's not fake if the NCS slab says "genuine". This was sent in under "authenticate only" service, which is only a few bucks. The fact that it's in an NCS slab doesn't mean anything is wrong with it in the case of authenticate only coins. In this case I think the submitter was a bit misguided, in that he could have saved the fees and sold it raw as I don't think anyone would worry about buying a counterfeit '64 Kennedy. >>

I think what he was getting at is the counterfits are so bad that you have to get a 2.00 coin encapsulated to make sure its genuine
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it just an NCS sample coin?
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a grade of "Genuine" ? image since when is genuine a grade?
    Actually you could probably sell a counterfiet 1964 kennedy half for more than a real one at this point. i have never seen one. (a counterfiet 1964 kennedy half). image
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It's not fake if the NCS slab says "genuine". This was sent in under "authenticate only" service, which is only a few bucks. The fact that it's in an NCS slab doesn't mean anything is wrong with it in the case of authenticate only coins. In this case I think the submitter was a bit misguided, in that he could have saved the fees and sold it raw as I don't think anyone would worry about buying a counterfeit '64 Kennedy. >>

I think what he was getting at is the counterfits are so bad that you have to get a 2.00 coin encapsulated to make sure its genuine >>

Thanks, that was my point, I just worded it wrongly... Fridays night.. image
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    I would have thought at least it would have said PROOF
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    a grade of "Genuine" ? since when is genuine a grade?

NCS does have Authentication Only as a service. There was a coin in the last ANR auction in such a slab.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file