Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New $50 Gold Buffalos for $650 or so???

ChangeInHistoryChangeInHistory Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
A guy came into where I work and mentioned he could get the new $50 Gold Buffalo for about $650 or so from some lady in Pennsylvania. I told him we can't be talking about the same thing, but he stuck to his guns on it. He also mentioned that $10 and $5 Indians are down in MS-64 and that didn't sound right. Is this guy on crack or is it possible?

Comments

• Options
    MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A guy came into where I work and mentioned he could get the new $50 Gold Buffalo for about $650 or so from some lady in Pennsylvania. I told him we can't be talking about the same thing, but he stuck to his guns on it. He also mentioned that $10 and $5 Indians are down in MS-64 and that didn't sound right. Is this guy on crack or is it possible? >>

2006 Gold Buffalo Coins (1 Ounce) - .9999 Fine
    Brilliant Uncirculated Sell Price

$651.58

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM sent.
  • Options
    Before gold shot up 27 bucks today I sold a few for less than that.
  • Options
    Considering the sheer volume of threads on the topic I'm surprised there is still confusion between the proof and the bullion versions.
  • Options
    ChangeInHistoryChangeInHistory Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Considering the sheer volume of threads on the topic I'm surprised there is still confusion between the proof and the bullion versions. >>

I guess I was stuck had the proof version stuck in my head at $800 something. Guess he was right.image I haven't really been on here that much recently. See what happens when you don't get your fix!
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

I think people on ebay will be a little upset when they figure out they bought the regular bullion version instead of the Proof. Unless it's graded, then a premium is justified.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file