Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

simsclassicsports.com ?

Anyone bought any raw cards from them? How accurate is their grading?

Comments

• Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    'Mint' often times refers to corners, edges, surface only, with no regard to centering.........kinda like the old days.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    there was another thread on them recently, you might want to do a search.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Never bought raw from them but bought to PSA graded cards from them dirt cheap on BINs.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I've made several purchases from them over the past few years. They've been pretty good for raw modern and vintage commons. I've bought a bunch of 60s and 70s Giants cards from them, as well as a bunch of 80s stuff to fill sets. I've been happy.

I'd venture to say that the stuff they sell is accuratly graded, but you probably won't see as much "undergraded" stuff. Sims grading isn't very conservative, but you don't get stuck with a pile of trash.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    FYSFYS Posts: 194

<< <i>Anyone bought any raw cards from them? How accurate is their grading? >>

I bought a 67 Topps Football card advertised as Mint and it is really NM to NM+. They also then put me on their e-mail list automatically, with updates every couple of days.
  • Options
    Yes...the auto email. Can't help but automatically know who they are now.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    jskirwinjskirwin Posts: 700 ✭✭✭
    I've bought from them regularly - 60-70s raw.
    Centering is their weak point, but they'll do you right if you're not satisfied.

A good place to shop.
  • Options
    JVetteJVette Posts: 206
    I have bought raw several times. Slightly over-graded, but that is common with most raw cards. Same experience with centering. But a professional organization - no problems with shipments or communication. Just take the grading into account when doing your bidding. Best of Luck !!!
  • Options
    i've bought lots of cards from them, all graded, and no problems.. i also notice they present a good selection, and often come up with cards i need for my set.. so, i like them, until i'm done with my set, and then i hate them. image
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Have bought many 50s cards RAW& GRADED from them with good results,no problems.Would patronize again.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    jskirwinjskirwin Posts: 700 ✭✭✭
    Wish they had another coupon... image
  • Options
    phreakydancinphreakydancin Posts: 1,691 ✭✭

<< <i>They also then put me on their e-mail list automatically, with updates every couple of days. >>

I'm on their list as well, as I've purchased graded cards from them in the past. Thanks to everyone for their feedback.