Options

New purchases - SCD for Marty and a commem for dizzyfoxx

tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭

AND

Comments

• Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Silver???
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    Yep. The picture doesn't quite show it, but very original.
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

You didn't buy anything for me?
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options

<< <i>You didn't buy anything for me?
    image >>

I'm workin' on it!image
  • Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    Outstanding coins and equally outstanding pics.imageimage
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like a nice AU HK-299 and an even nicer Norfolk. the silver LPE is the So Called Dollar that got it all started for me!!image
  • Options

<< <i>looks like a nice AU HK-299 and an even nicer Norfolk. the silver LPE is the So Called Dollar that got it all started for me!!image >>

Although not my first purchase, I would say that the medal design in general got it going for me. I saw my first one at the Santa Clara show in April and liked it but knew nothing about it. Later, I saw a really cool Utah Dollar and liked that design. So far, those are my purchases.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, that Utah was a nice score that you beat me to. as i've said before, most recently to HisMadness, buy the book and spend some time with it and you'll save some energy and expense. quite often i'll crack it on the desk as i browse the exonumia category late at night on eBay; there are just too many numbers for anyone to realistically know them all. you'd be surprised , though, at how quickly you'll start to recognize items and how to hone search keywords to find some treasure. i've actually looked through the entire listed 35 pages in a couple hours. i don't do it often!!!

i tend to like certain themes, planchet alloys and sizes/types and have no illusions of collecting an entire run of the HK listings. once you home in on what designs/themes you enjoy it's a short leap to discipline yourself, turning your focus to rarity and quality. if you ever need some help in any form, just PM.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file