Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

APPROX. 80,000 SPORTSCARDS and Unique Sports Memorabilia 4 SALE

I have approx. 70 - 80,000 sports cards for sale on consignment.

Baseball, Football and Basketball mostly. Some Hockey, Golf and Pokeman and misc. Years From Early 60's to 97. Upperdeck, Fleer, Tops, Score, Don Russ, etc.

Commons, Rare, Tests and Promotions

Collection includes: Metallic Impressions (Mickey Mantle) Embossed Metal Collection, Ripken Metal Cards, Autographed "Pee Wee" Reese Photo Card (From the NB Hall of Fame) and signature card, Large Cards (uncut), Michael Jordan Card Can(unopened), Playing Cards, Tins, Puzzles and more.

The following Plaques are included: Mickey Mantle, John Smoltz (Autographed), Shaq O'Neil, Michael Jordon, Jordan Clock, Emmitt Smith, Nolan Ryan 7th No Hitter (w/ Silver Star Ticket) and 1995 Cleveland Indians Featuring All 16 Players (Baerga, Belle, Vizquel, Thome etc. 10 Total !!!

Many Unique Items and many small collections of all the Top Players.

If this is of interest to you please email me.

Alex

Raisnvegas@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    Looking for the following....
    NY Giants Rookies
    NJ Nets Rookies
    NJ Devils Rookies

As well as
    Chipper Jones Rcs
    Roberto Alomar rcs
    Craig Biggio rcs
    John Smoltz rcs
    Tom glavine rcs

Basically any bigname rookies. Looking for multiples if available. LMK what you have.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    I don't know if I have those cards or not. There are a;ot of cards and I haven't had them long. There is no list so it's a matter of looking thru all of them.
    I have started putting them into Becketts data base. Baseball first. I have entered 1,855 cards so far and Beckett comes up w/ a price of $1,379.
    I am asking $8,500 for everything. Is this unreasonable?
    Also, does anyone know how to export or copy the cards I have entered on Becketts?

Luck in Life
    Raisnvegas
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    Alex I think you're going to have to find some high dollar and desired cards in there to get that kind of $$. Because of inserts, modern cards are really almost "worthless" if they're not auto/game used or shortprinted. There are still some set builders but I think for the most part they're done when the cards come out and not really looking even a few months later.

If you have vintage cards they might sell, but you need to know what you have, and what condition it's in. The early 60s cards are worth a lot if they're in nice shape and they're desired cards. Again I mean the right player, nice condition.

Plaques aren't really worth what they would cost to ship. Even autographed ones, if they don't have some kind of reliable authenticity aren't worth a lot.

I almost think you're wasting your time entering them into beckett's database. You probably want to start with the older cards first, get some idea of what you have. Maybe pick out some older ones and scan a few. These people here are sharp and honest. If they see cards that have value they'll be all over them and telling you what you have. If they don't then they'll tell you so. Once you get a few scans and get some opinions you'll probably get some better ideas of what you have. The beckett price on individual cards is kind of misleading when you're selling a large collection.

I can't stress enough that condition matters a whole lot on the cards. Be careful when you're touching them and moving them around. The slightest little ding makes a big difference on a valuable card.

As for whether you can get $8500 - that depends on what you have for valuable cards. Most people buying a large lot will pay a % for the better cards and take the other ones too. You're going to have to have some pretty good cards to get near that.

Sorry for the long read. Get some scans up so we can see what you have
  • Options
    I have found some late 50's cards and will scan them soon.
    Also worth mentioning is a large portion of these cards are in sleeves or top loaders. The gentleman that collected them was very meticulous.

I was also wondering if anyone knows about "Promotional Test Issues" I have several that I can't find anything on.
    Michael Jordan - Sports 2000 - Rookie Prospest - Silver Foil Edition. 1 0f 1,750. Publisher unknown.
    Jordan "Summer of 94" collectable promo card - Publisher unknown. etc?
    I am new at this and greatly appreciate everyone feedback.
    Luck inLife
    Raisnvegas
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Looking for Dan Marino cards, NFL HOF autographed cards or nice pre-1987 football cards.

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options

<< <i>I have found some late 50's cards and will scan them soon.
    Also worth mentioning is a large portion of these cards are in sleeves or top loaders. The gentleman that collected them was very meticulous.

I was also wondering if anyone knows about "Promotional Test Issues" I have several that I can't find anything on.
    Michael Jordan - Sports 2000 - Rookie Prospest - Silver Foil Edition. 1 0f 1,750. Publisher unknown.
    Jordan "Summer of 94" collectable promo card - Publisher unknown. etc?
    >>

Late 50s is a very good thing if they're nice. Sometimes they don't have to be the big names, it's possible that a common card in great condition is worth more than a superstar card in average condition.

The "promotional test issues" are going to be pretty much junk. They're unlicensed cards printed up and sold at card shows and flea markets and sometimes by now-closed companies like mail order concepts. Since they're not licensed they're not loved. Good for a flea market setup or for donation to a school or kid's hospital.

As long as we're getting requests I collect old Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Pirates and anything from 1972 and older. But I really think your best bet is to identify what the heck you have before you try to sell anything.

Check these 3 cards for what I mean about condition. All 3 are the same card, none is beat up or creased. Just the smallest nick or maybe a centering problem can mean a huge difference in what a card sells for.

psa 6 1962 clemente

psa 7 1962 clemente

psa 8 1962 clemente
  • Options
    Jim
    You have been a big help and I really appreciate your input.
    I have a couple burning questions maybe you could answer.
    1) What in the Wide World of Sports is a "Tiffany" card?
    2) I have seen reference to "Canadian Cards"? What is the difference? The pics of Canadian cards look just like the American version.

I looked at the links you provided and seen the big difference in price. WOW!!!

As to finding out what I have, well, that does seem to be an issue. Like I said there are Approx. 80,000 cards here! LOL I may NEVER figure it all out.

The late 50's cards I have found would be lucky to be graded as 3's or maybe less.

On a side note I found a 1966 Mike Ditka that brought back memories. I used to be more into football as a child than anything so it was kinda neat. I never did collect cards but I am having fun with this. I guess there is no age limit on collecting, maybe now is a good time to start.

Thanks again for your input.
    P.S. Greg I will look thru the Dan Marino Collection and let you know what I find. They are in a box all by themselves so it shouldn't be too hard.

Luck in Life
    Raisnvegas
  • Options
    Alex, I'm not an expert at cards, maybe somebody here can help better than me. I never collected either tiffanys or the canadian cards.

Tiffany from what I know is a topps product, it matches exactly the regular set. It's sold in a fancier box and the cards have a glossy surface instead of a satin surface. Shiny instead of normal.

They're more expensive and much more limited, and since they look good a lot of people like them. The wanted ones bring a big premium over the regular set. Right now I think the hot one is barry bonds.

I do collect canadian cards, they're o-pee-chee and are pretty close to topps but different. There's also Canadian Goudey, from the 30s. I think the biggest difference between the regular and canadian is that the canadian have either french only printing on the back or both english and french. OPC is hard to find in great condition, centering and rough edges are a concern. I really know nothing at all about the 30s cards. Somebody here is an expert, hopefully they can help.

The 50s cards in rough shape wont be worth a whole lot. You can look on ebay and check closed auctions to get a better idea, but usually a part set lot works best in rough shape. Nobody is going to want to buy a couple individual cards in rough shape and pay shipping on each. But sell them a part set and you'll get buyers.

Finding old cards you used to have or even seeing old cards of players you liked as a kid is what card collecting should be all about. The smiles are the best part!
  • Options
    I'm back again with another rookie question.
    This one is about Refractors and Atomic Refractors as oppossed to non refractors. Do they say "Atomic / Refractor" right on the card?
    I have a bunch that look "Refractorish".

Also, What about Pinnacle "Artist Proofs"? Would it say "Artists Proof"?

Thanks for the help "Again".

Luck in Life
    Raisnvegas
  • Options
    On the Pinnacles, it will boldly say Artist Proof on the front of the card.

Refractor/Atomic Refractor will be labeled as such under the card number on the reverse.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    Thanks for the info Topps.

I'm sure I'll run across some Mark Moulder cards. I'll keep an eye out for the ones you mentioned.

I just finished inventoring my Dan Marino collection. I will work on getting them listed for all to see.

Many of these cards were purchased in sets so I have the same cards for most or all of the other players in the set.

Thousands of these cards are in top loaders and/or protectors and were placed there when the pack was first opened. There should definately be alot of 9's and 10's of quality cards.

I'm new at this so as always, I'm looking for feedback from anyone who is willing to provide it.

Luck in Life
    Raisnvegas