Home Sports Talk
Options

The best college football players, by the numbers.

zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
Here is the list.

This was sent to me this morning by a friend from high school. His dad is honored with #85.
EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    Three guys listed with #44? Plus Brian Bosworth as Honorable Mention? What a nerdy little excercise this must've been!
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew Danny Weurffel had to be the best # 7, and Bush # 5. Staubach at # 12 was a suprise I thought they would of given it to Charles White. I only checked these cause these are my favorite uniform # 's no rhyme or reason.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank You for the link, pretty cool.
  • Options

<< <i>I knew Danny Weurffel had to be the best # 7 >>

Depends on your age, how long you've been a football fan, etc. I would've figured #7 for Mel Hein.....All-Time New York Giants' center and member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame out of Washington State University......Weurffel hardly made a whimper in the pros after his college career.....he might be in The Blockbuster Hall of Fame.

Just another example of how ESPN places itself at the center of the sports universe.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    keep in mind that this poll has nothing to do with NFL, just college......a lot of guys faded after they hit the bigs.

JS
  • Options

<< <i>keep in mind that this poll has nothing to do with NFL, just college......a lot of guys faded after they hit the bigs.

JS >>

True...I stand corrected.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>keep in mind that this poll has nothing to do with NFL, just college......a lot of guys faded after they hit the bigs.

JS >>

Like the only one from my alma mater:

There were some Husker honorable mentions such as Rodgers, Steinkuhler, and Fryar.