Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Wow, gold plated SAC's

Comments

• Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ad is so misleading it's fraud..

The value of the coins just being in mint condition, let alone the value of being gold plated is well over $10,000.00 . This is a ONCE in a LIFETIME of ever getting a complete set of these coins together like this and be in MINT CONDITION !!!!!!!!!

Mint condition? Send those to PCGS or NGC. Bodybagged. Hell, even vending machines won't take them, I bet.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    GemineyeGemineye Posts: 5,374

<< <i> the value of being gold plated is well over $10,000.00

<< <i>

.........................image
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    I wonder what she's buying them for... image
    I listen to your voice like it was music, [ y o u ' r e ] the song I want to know.

I'd give you the world, just because...

Speak to me of loved ones, favorite places and things, loves lost and gained, tears shed for joy and sorrow, of when I see the sparkle in your eye ...
    and the blackness when the dream dies, of lovers, fools, adventurers and kings while I sip my wine and contemplate the Chi.
  • Options
    rlawsharlawsha Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭
    < wonder what she's buying them for...>

Who knows? There is an interesting Q&A thing at the bottom where a seller asked tried to enlighten her...

"Q: Not sure if you are aware... but Sac dollars are not gold plated. In uncirculated condition they are mostly worth between $1 to $2 each. These are regular...

A: Hi: Thanks for the warning, I was told they were gold plated coins, when I listed them I only said what I was told they were. I guess I was taken. Thanks.."

Umm... yeah, ok.... they are worth $10K but I'll sell them for $99
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're probably gold plated via those home shopping network channels.. they sold some sets like that I think.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    Isn't saying they are worth over 10k considered fraud?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file