Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

July Specials

So what are we all expecting/wanting for the new specials?

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports

Comments

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Please let it be $5 1991 Donruss.

Lee
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Biggie Size everything for only 49 cents more!image
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    1964 through present. PSA 10's $5 each image
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I am feeling poor so I hope it's something like non-sport 1953-1957 for $11... or something else I could care less about. If PSA continues the $5 from 1964 on I might have to send in some more cards.
  • Options
    onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    All sports 1980+ of players that stuck with one team (stayed true) their entire carreer. Additional requirements: Never involved
    in any drug scandals, corked-bat incidents, off-field violence/wife-beatings, gambling incidents, murder, rape, or
    general acts of being a public moron.

5-day turn around, FREE service (just for finding a player that qualifies.)

Well.... let's see..... that leaves..................
    uhhhhhhhh.......................
    ....... hmmmmm.................

anybody got any names?

(and ya, I know... that rules out Mr. Sabo)

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭

<< <i>All sports 1980+ of players that stuck with one team (stayed true) their entire carreer. Additional requirements: Never involved
    in any drug scandals, corked-bat incidents, off-field violence/wife-beatings, gambling incidents, murder, rape, or

anybody got any names?

(and ya, I know... that rules out Mr. Sabo) >>

Don Mattingly !
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    No, he's out. Wouldn't shave the beard. My vote is for Kevin Mitchell. Wait, does decapitating his girlfriend's cat count? Ok, nevermind Mitchell- how about Vince Coleman? Oh wait, threw fireworks into a crowd of fans. Damn, this is hard..... Albert Belle?

Lee
  • Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    According to customer service, the July grading special is ......................

1954 - 1971 Sport and non-sport ($75 declared value maximum per card) for $10 per card with a 10 day turnaround with no minimum submission number.

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    $5 for anyone with first name or last name Aaron....

Aaron Boone
    Tommie Aaron
    Aaron Sele

oh yeh, and Hank Aaron..
  • Options
    coachhcoachh Posts: 529

<< <i>All sports 1980+ of players that stuck with one team (stayed true) their entire carreer. Additional requirements: Never involved

anybody got any names?

(and ya, I know... that rules out Mr. Sabo) >>

Isaac Bruce would be on the list/
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

5-day turn around, FREE service (just for finding a player that qualifies.) >>

Awesome, I can start my Robby Thompson registry set. Second baseman for the Giants from 86-96, AS in 88 and 93. Lead the league in triples and being hit by pitches in 1989.

Who else... Ryne Sandberg, Tony Gwynn, Cal Ripken Jr, John Smoltz, Don Mattingly.... etc.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    1954 - 1971 Sport and non-sport ($75 declared value maximum per card) for $10 per card with a 10 day turnaround with no minimum submission number.

SERIOUSLY? That would be awesome! (wish it was 1950-1971, but that's ok...) I would LOVE that special! I have a bunch of 50's football for my registries that I'd like to send in. I had a sub all filled out for the last one which was $13 but they were all listed in teh SMR so I couldn't do it.
  • Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    That is what they told me on the phone, keep your fingers crossed the posting of the special holds true.

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    it's only a good special if you don;t have 25 or 50 cards to send , I would rather have a $6 special because they are grading in less than 10 days anyway. with the $75 limit, it sounds like a crappy special to me.
  • Options

<< <i>it's only a good special if you don;t have 25 or 50 cards to send , I would rather have a $6 special because they are grading in less than 10 days anyway. with the $75 limit, it sounds like a crappy special to me. >>

Ah, this is true. But last time it was $6 with no guaranteed turnaround time and you couldn't have star cards. At least for the $10 I can have star cards or (cards listed in the SMR) which on the last special precluded all but a few of the cards I wanted to send in.

Now if they could do this special for $6 and no guaranteed turnaround, that would be even better. image (Assuming they can still get them done in <20 days)
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭

<< <i>you couldn't have star cards. At least for the $10 I can have star cards or (cards listed in the SMR) which on the last special precluded all but a few of the cards I wanted to send in.
    >>

but you can send in a 50's or 60's bulk order (50 cards) at either $6 or $7 each with star cards now that there is no distinction and most likely get your cards back just as fast or faster than 10 days.

for example , for 60's cards if you send in 30 cards on this special , you might as well send 50 in on bulk and you will have the same cost ($300) , send in 50 regular for the cost of 30 special

for 50's cards 35 cards is the break even, send in 50 regular for the cost of 35 special
  • Options
    Oh...you know what...I never noticed the "star" portion was eliminated. I always just noticed the "Vintage Common" and assumed. You are absolutely correct.

Damn you and all your fancy logic. image

Thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    They need to raise the value limit considerably if they want to offer a special that appeals to many people.

Incidentally, I wonder how much the volume of submissions under the regular $15 service has changed since they've increased the price?
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>you couldn't have star cards. At least for the $10 I can have star cards or (cards listed in the SMR) which on the last special precluded all but a few of the cards I wanted to send in.
    >>

but you can send in a 50's or 60's bulk order (50 cards) at either $6 or $7 each with star cards now that there is no distinction and most likely get your cards back just as fast or faster than 10 days.

for example , for 60's cards if you send in 30 cards on this special , you might as well send 50 in on bulk and you will have the same cost ($300) , send in 50 regular for the cost of 30 special

for 50's cards 35 cards is the break even, send in 50 regular for the cost of 35 special >>

Yep. That's why I find it increduolous that people here were overjoyed about the previous specials at $12/13 per card. Even if PSA had not been getting fast turnaround times, is it really worth it to spent $6-7 more per card to have it graded even if you have to wait several weeks??
  • Options
    1956 Topps Baseball special- $7 per card - 7 day turnaround.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    blah
    ·p_A·