www.LloydWTaylor.com
Vintage Baseball Cards
Sales and Ebay Consignment Service
email
Lloyd_Taylor_Vintage_Cards -- on Ebay

Comments

• Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭
    What a @&$#head. Did you report it to eBay?

• Options
    cardfan07cardfan07 Posts: 680 ✭✭
    I can see why so many sellers are starting to insert their names into the card image...of course, some have still tried to use them.
    Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Tom Seaver, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock player collector
  • Options
    Bid like 10K for the card to ensure that you win it and no one else gets ripped off..
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    It's a good thing Ebay took away Goofbay's privileges so none of the bidders can be warned.
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Here is the email I just sent the seller....

Hi,

Could you please provide a scan of the back of this card for me ? i am very interested but I have also heard of scans being stolen from people to use in scam auctions. Thank you very much.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here is the email I just sent the seller....

Hi,

Could you please provide a scan of the back of this card for me ? i am very interested but I have also heard of scans being stolen from people to use in scam auctions. Thank you very much. >>

There actually was a scan of the back and the listing hasn't been revised - this guy is a criminal. $30 shipping, money order only, private bidder ID, private feedback.

Lloyd, you should get this guy shut down right now.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    I've said it before....
    and I'll say it again.
    This is out & out fraud, and the seller should receive jail time.
    In the real world if you scam someone for $1000-$1500 (the cards value)
    that is a felony and you will be prosecuted. But in eBay land, if caught
    the usual punishment given by eBay is to cancel the auction and perhaps
    cancel the account.
    Naturally the seller will open a fresh account the next day and try again.
    I guess its bad for business having bad publicity for eBay to help w/ pressing
    charges. So they do very little to apprehend these crooks...jay
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    by any chance he isn't using YOUR URL for that pic is he?
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's a good thing Ebay took away Goofbay's privileges so none of the bidders can be warned. >>

Goffbay is working fine on this card
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Also looks like he is shilling his own auction.

shiller

I got the info off of goofbay
  • Options
    I sent him a message asking him if i won his Abercrombie & Fitch gift card which is his other item for sale, can i use it to pay for the Mantle that he has stolen someone else's scan ???
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    Goose is right, if he's using your url for the pic then change the pic. Make it something he really shouldn't have on ebay.

EDIT - my wife thinks make a sign that says something like I AM A THIEF, DON'T BID ON MY CARDS! and replace your picture with that.
  • Options
    from goofbay...

Current Bidders on this item

bsandslaw7gla
    d588067k
    knyyjan
    lilgus55
    ny3yankees
    santa1104
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auction is still up as of this post. Isn't this considered interstate crime since Lloyd is in NJ and this criminal claims he is in NY? The FBI shoould get involved in this. These sellers should be arrested and prosecuted. Of course this thief could just as well be located in any country especially Nigeria and some of the former Soviet Union countries where internet crime like this is rampant.

• Options
    cardfan07cardfan07 Posts: 680 ✭✭
    Auction ended early. To a point earlier, if you do this in the real world, there's a consequence. Throw it on cyberspace though...and you can disappear into the woodwork without any problem.
    Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Tom Seaver, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock player collector
  • Options
    stevek

the FBI isn't going to do a THING.

I called them for some possible help with a local couple that had been screwed out of 7k on a motorcycle deal online.

Their response (our local area unit mind you) was "Well if you get several more people taken for that kind of money by the same person, call us back"
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I've said it before....
    and I'll say it again.
    This is out & out fraud, and the seller should receive jail time.
    In the real world if you scam someone for $1000-$1500 (the cards value)
    that is a felony and you will be prosecuted. But in eBay land, if caught
    the usual punishment given by eBay is to cancel the auction and perhaps
    cancel the account.
    Naturally the seller will open a fresh account the next day and try again.
    I guess its bad for business having bad publicity for eBay to help w/ pressing
    charges. So they do very little to apprehend these crooks...jay >>

This is the part that baffles me. How can you try and steal $1500 from someone and suffer no consequences?
  • Options
    This has happened to me before, it might be time for a watermark on all my scans. I reported it to Powersellers, don't know if they ended it or you guys harassing him made him shut it down.
    www.LloydWTaylor.com
    Vintage Baseball Cards
    email
  • Options
    http://www.ic3.gov/

A few years ago I purchased a Marcus Allen RC on eBay but never received it. After a couple of months of the seller promising to send it to me the next day and then after another month of being completely ignored by the seller, I filed a compliant via this website. To my great surprise a month later I received my $20 back and a note from the seller asking me to please contact officer so and so to let him know I received a full refund. This was over just $20. My guess is that the larger amounts mentioned in this thread might lead to charges against the seller.

Bottom line, it never hurts to file a complaint via this website when you witness something like this and wish some type of justice would be dealt out.
  • Options
    He ended it himself.....

if Ebay would have nuked it, you would get an error page saying that the item number does not exist.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I got jobbed out of $550 and filed with that ic3 and never heard a word.
    They suck.

<< <i>http://www.ic3.gov/

A few years ago I purchased a Marcus Allen RC on eBay but never received it. After a couple of months of the seller promising to send it to me the next day and then after another month of being completely ignored by the seller, I filed a compliant via this website. To my great surprise a month later I received my $20 back and a note from the seller asking me to please contact officer so and so to let him know I received a full refund. This was over just $20. My guess is that the larger amounts mentioned in this thread might lead to charges against the seller.

Bottom line, it never hurts to file a complaint via this website when you witness something like this and wish some type of justice would be dealt out. >>

• Options

<< <i>I got jobbed out of $550 and filed with that ic3 and never heard a word.
    They suck.
    >>

I wouldn't expect they could resolve each complaint, but I wouldn't let 1 or 2 or 5 failures prevent me from trying to nail these scumbag sellers each time just on the chance it would work 1 time.
  • Options
    athleticsfanathleticsfan Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    Here we go again..............1954 Mantle Must Go!
    A's World Championships-1910, 1911, 1913, 1929, 1930, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1989
  • Options
    wow- looks like a crook also...i emailed the seller and asked him why he doesn't take paypal as a new seller....he also has about 15 other pretty high end graded cards listed...
  • Options
    a bunch of those cards are mine, Aaron, Mantle, Reese
    www.LloydWTaylor.com
    Vintage Baseball Cards
    email
  • Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    They are gone!
  • Options
    Lloyd - looks like the PSA board team effort worked! I sent him anotheremail this a.m. asking him if i could pick up the cards....finally all listings are gone and he is NARU'd....
    Craig Schapiro
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    I had reported it to eBay this morning as well.

I have no hesitation about doing so again in the future, simply post any fraudulent ads on this board.
    Capecards
  • Options
    I have to put you guys on the payroll image thanks!!
    www.LloydWTaylor.com
    Vintage Baseball Cards
    email
  • Options
    If it makes any of you guys feel better I received a check today from the United States Treasury for $55.56. It is a restitution check from a dishonest Ebay seller. About 3 years ago I (and a bunch of others) got nailed for some items. I filed every complaint you could file with Ebay. After several months I was contacted by the Postmaster General in Missouri. To make a long story short, they nailed the Ebay seller for mail fraud and he spent 6 months in jail. He was also ordered to pay restitution. About every 6 months I receive a check. The first one was for about $2 (I laughed out loud when I opened it) and some have been as high as $150. All told, I have received about $.20 on the dollar. I don't know if I will receive another dime but I like the fact the guy got comfortable in the big house for a while. The moral of the story is that every once in a while they nail someone. Hopefully, that deters most but you have to do something (however fruitless you think it is) when you are presented with situation that seems like a scam.

Enjoy,
    Doug
    Looking for well centered 1958 topps baseball psa 8 and up. Also dying for a 70 Aaron All Star in PSA 9.
  • Options
    SoutherncardsSoutherncards Posts: 1,384 ✭✭
    I think we need a National Internet Crime Ass Whipping Center. We could have Enforcers in each area who would go and beat someone's ass if they scammed you over the net.
  • Options
    On the flip side i had a buyer aparantly file all those complaints with the post office. One day i get a nice little threatening letter from the post office and internet crime unit. It was for a item I sold 2 years previous and the buyer said he never got it. Now I've never stiffed a buyer and definatly did not remeber any body complaining they did not recieve there item. But 2 years later how am i suppose to go back and look that up. (of course now I've learned and have to keep an extra file cabinet just for ebay going back as far as i can remeber.) But anyways this threatning letter demanded i send 178.00 to the post master general. I took it to my post office and sure enough the letter was legit. The letter had the guy I supposedly defrauded address on it so i sent them a nice letter asking for more info. I got nothing 3 months letter . Another threatning letter from the post office and texas state district attorney demanding the money. After numerous phone calls and letters . With no answers to my questions i was told to pay or possibly go to jail. So I paid but my problem is they took the buyers side who would not talk to me or respond and never even came to me . I really feel he scammed me in this instance and the post office just assumed i was the thief. The bad side is I no longer take checks and money orders only credit cards and paypal to help my paper trail.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>On the flip side i had a buyer aparantly file all those complaints with the post office. One day i get a nice little threatening letter from the post office and internet crime unit. It was for a item I sold 2 years previous and the buyer said he never got it. Now I've never stiffed a buyer and definatly did not remeber any body complaining they did not recieve there item. But 2 years later how am i suppose to go back and look that up. (of course now I've learned and have to keep an extra file cabinet just for ebay going back as far as i can remeber.) But anyways this threatning letter demanded i send 178.00 to the post master general. I took it to my post office and sure enough the letter was legit. The letter had the guy I supposedly defrauded address on it so i sent them a nice letter asking for more info. I got nothing 3 months letter . Another threatning letter from the post office and texas state district attorney demanding the money. After numerous phone calls and letters . With no answers to my questions i was told to pay or possibly go to jail. So I paid but my problem is they took the buyers side who would not talk to me or respond and never even came to me . I really feel he scammed me in this instance and the post office just assumed i was the thief. The bad side is I no longer take checks and money orders only credit cards and paypal to help my paper trail. >>

We should have known.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    OnlypsahockeyOnlypsahockey Posts: 1,479 ✭✭
    Wow!

We all missed that one.

This may come in handy though!

57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I can see why so many sellers are starting to insert their names into the card image...of course, some have still tried to use them. >>

Yes it is pretty rediculous when someone steals a scan from say 707 Cards and blocks out the name. I think most of us have been on their website to know what their images look like.
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622

<< <i>

<< <i>I can see why so many sellers are starting to insert their names into the card image...of course, some have still tried to use them. >>

Yes it is pretty rediculous when someone steals a scan from say 707 Cards and blocks out the name. I think most of us have been on their website to know what their images look like. >>

i think he was referring to aaronman's post.....6 that guy got 6 months in jail, interesting