Home Sports Talk
Options

1986 Mets

Did anyone catch the special on SNY last night about the 86 Mets. I thought it was amazing and will watch it every time it replays. Btw, check out this link:

1986 NL MVP voting

Six different players from that club received MVP votes. Amazing feat that I wouldn't be surprised to see repeated by this years club, should they go to the promised land like the 86 club. You know, a different star every game!

Even better

1986 Cy Young voting

The #1 THROUGH 4 starters EACH received at least one vote for the Cy Young award.

Baseball like it oughta be!!!

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    What's really amazin' is that they appear to have been stoned half the time.
  • Options
    One of my all time favorite baseball moments, Thanks Bill Buckner!
  • Options
    ajetfanajetfan Posts: 229
    The thing is that the Mets already tied the game up before the ball went through Buckners legs. Even if Buckner would've played it cleanly AND beaten Wilson to the bag (I doubt he would have beaten Mookie to 1st base), I'm convinced the Mets would have just found another way to get the W. It was destined to happen!
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Freakin had to bring the 86 Mets up HUH? Ugly Ugly Ugly
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>Freakin had to bring the 86 Mets up HUH? Ugly Ugly Ugly >>

The Mets fans are counting their eggs before they hatch...they think their team is going to waltz into the postseason.

• Options
    Do you remember who was the on deck batter after R. Knight? How many outs?

My first and only trip to cooperstoen was 86, still have a orange Mets bat and WS program I picked up when I was there!
  • Options
    Axtell:

I'm not counting any eggs at all for this year, this thread is about 1986.

ChrisC:

I'm pretty sure that the Mets were down by two runs and down to their last strike with Carter up. Carter got a single and then Kevin Mitchell got a hit, then Knight, then Mookie comes to bat...well we know the rest.
  • Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even If the Mets play. 500 ball the rest of the way (36-35), the Phils would have to go 49-24 just to tie! Not going to happen. There will be postseason baseball this October at Shea again!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    Who cares about the 86 mets. I guess damon would have fit in well on that team.