Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

what did i see today at the coin shop? it came in a nice blue fuzzy box, had 3 coins in it

and they may have been proof coins, and there may have been an Ike among the 3.

what do you call this?

any links with photos?

where would i find prices on these items?

much thanks

Comments

• Options
    It sounds like the Bicentenial proof set. If so they can be readily had on ebay for around $30, sometimes less.

edited to add:

$30 or less for the silver set. The clad is cheaper. I think the silver set comes in red packaging.
  • Options
    here is a picture of mine

Edited to add: Mine is silver and its blue
  • Options
    JrGMan2004JrGMan2004 Posts: 7,557

<< <i>It sounds like the Bicentenial proof set. If so they can be readily had on ebay for around $30, sometimes less.

edited to add:

$30 or less for the silver set. The clad is cheaper. I think the silver set comes in red packaging. >>

The blue box would be the Silver Bicenteniel 3-pc set and it bids for abotu $15, the clad 6-piece set bids for about $9

Edit to add: I've had hundreds of these sets cross my desk... and they are common as dirt, and about as crappy as dirt too... if you want to buy one of these sets, take your time and pick a set that looks nice, b/c there's a lot of sets out there, but many aren't that great looking...
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    librtyheadlibrtyhead Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭
    This set sells for cheap money,But I have always liked the design.
  • Options
    CoinVault used to push these !
  • Options
    My blue fuzzy box has Liberty Ellis Island commems in it, and 1 is 1/4 oz gold image

They are diffenatly proofs.
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    There is no way to know what it was without more information. It could have been one of several US coin sets, or foreign coin sets, or privately put together sets, or even a three piece medal or silver round set.
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

You should have told the owner to keep the coins and made an offer on the box
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Cool, another Bicentennial coin set thread. image
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Edited to add: Mine is silver and its blue >>

All the three piece sets are silver, (40%).

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Wow. I don't know how I got such bad information. I guess I shouldn't try to answer questions from memory.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file