Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Very Fine condition Morgan Dollars FS

Hi everyone I'm new to this collection business so please bear with me.

I have 10 Morgan Silver Dollars for sale, years 1878-1887. They are all in Very Fine condition, preserved in a Morgan Mint collection album, and all were pressed by the Philadelphia mint. My uncle gave them to me before he passed away in 2001, and told me to complete the album if I ever had the time or resources. Unfortunately I have neither the time nor resources, and honestly do not see myself able to complete the whole collection in the future. Some of the coins thousands of dollars, such as some of the Carson City and SF mints, and that is simply unfeasible in my foreseeable future.

I am selling each one for $10 even.

Additionally, I am willing to sell the gorgeous leather bound collection album with all the coins, as well as a Certificate of Authenticity from the Morgan Mint, for $120. It is a neat collection album with spaces for Silver Dollars years 1878-1890 from the various city mints, and an incredibly thorough history of the Morgan Dollars printed on the inside cover. It tells the full story of how the Mint came about during President Hayes office, how the Mint director chose George T. Morgan to engrave the set, even the tale of the model who posed as Ms. Liberty for the engravings (Anna Willess Williams) and her downfall for posing for the Silver coin. The story really is very interesting.

And finally, I will gladly provide photos for you if you are truly interested. Thanks for your time guys.
One mans trash is another mans treasure.

Comments

• Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi everyone I'm new to this collection business so please bear with me.

I have 10 Morgan Silver Dollars for sale, years 1878-1887. They are all in Very Fine condition, preserved in a Morgan Mint collection album, and all were pressed by the Philadelphia mint. My uncle gave them to me before he passed away in 2001, and told me to complete the album if I ever had the time or resources. Unfortunately I have neither the time nor resources, and honestly do not see myself able to complete the whole collection in the future. Some of the coins thousands of dollars, such as some of the Carson City and SF mints, and that is simply unfeasible in my foreseeable future.

I am selling each one for $10 less than their listed prices at the Morgan Mint. For example, the 1878 Philadelphia Mint dollar is listed at $44.95 in Very Fine condition, I'm asking for $35 even. The rest of the coins (1879-1887) sell for $34.95, so I'm only asking $25 for them. I will gladly sell them as singles at their respective prices, or $250 for all 10.

Additionally, I am willing to sell the gorgeous leather bound collection album with all the coins, as well as a Certificate of Authenticity from the Morgan Mint, for $280. It is a neat collection album with spaces for Silver Dollars years 1878-1890 from the various city mints, and an incredibly thorough history of the Morgan Dollars printed on the inside cover. It tells the full story of how the Mint came about during President Hayes office, how the Mint director chose George T. Morgan to engrave the set, even the tale of the model who posed as Ms. Liberty for the engravings (Anna Willess Williams) and her downfall for posing for the Silver coin. The story really is very interesting.

And finally, I will gladly provide photos for you if you are truly interested. Thanks for your time guys. >>

Morgan Mint has a price guide? At those prices, I would not touch them with a 10-ft pole. No offense meant...
  • Options
    Hi Rampage, no offense taken whatsoever. My collection album is from the Morgan Mint, and I thought the prices from their website should be fairly accurate. As I stated I don't have too much knowledge on the subject yet.

Could you perhaps point me to a more accurate price guide or give me a rough estimate as to what you think the coins are worth? PCGS states a greysheet is available for the most up to date prices, but I couldn't find one that didn't cost money. I am not trying to rip anyone off, I am trying to sell them at a fair price and make a bit of money myself.

Thanks for your time guys, further input would be much appreciated!

(BTW Rampage, Morgan Mint obviously has a price guide, I linked it didn't I? image
  • Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A pretty normal price range for common date Morgans in VF has been around $11-13 for several years. With the jump in silver spot price fairly recently, this might have shifted upward by a buck or two -- maybe someone else will come along to shed more light on the subject. But $25 will get you a brilliant uncirculated coin pretty reliably, and $35-40 will get you a nice attractive MS63. You are not going to get any takers at near the prices you are asking.
    mirabela
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Well, let me just say this, I have been trying to sell/trade some Morgans-Peace for quite a bit of time now.
    Most are decent coins & I started at an average of $15 each.....they are now at an average of $13.83 each & still no takers.
    Offers of $9 & $10 each though image

LINK

Good luck selling at anything raw above wholesale around here without being an acclaimed expert.
    Just the way it is. image
  • Options
    RNCHSNRNCHSN Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    Greysheet Bid is $14.50 for common date VF Morgans this week.
  • Options
    Ron, in what grade?? ANY?
    I got 47 for an average of $13.83 each! They're even up for trades! image
  • Options
    OK everyone thanks for all the info, I'm going to be changing the price to $10 a piece then, and all 10 coins and the leather bound album for $120.
  • Options
    I'd like some pics. PM me!
  • Options
    If these are true VF+ coins I'll put my money where my mouth is & buy the coins only for $100.
    LMK.
  • Options
    Nykyfyr, I can't find the USB cables to upload my pictures at the moment, I'll have to have my wife pick up some extra cables on the way home from work. Are you interested in the whole album, or just a few of the coins? I have a few offers on the table already so please respond as soon as you have the time image

And Ajia, I just sent you a message. Please let me know what you think asap as well.

Thanks guys.
  • Options
    Do you have your PM turned on?
    Doesn't look like it.....I responded, but may have gone bye-bye!

Shoot me an e-mail at

drummerdad@sbcglobal.net

if you don't know how to turn your PM on.
  • Options
    Hey Ajia I just turned my PM function on, sorry about that.

I've never seen a message board where Private Messages are disabled by default, that's kind of odd. image
  • Options
    Email me. I'm interested in the lot

Nykyfyr@nycap.rr.com

I'd really like some pics before I make a decision