Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

What determines your ranking? Weighted GPA or Set rating?

I upgraded a coin in my Reg set. My Weighted GPA goes way up, but my Set rating goes way down, should I loose places in the ranking?

I always thought that when your set was 100% complete, your Weighted GPA and your Set Rating have identical values???
thanks!

Comments

• Doesn't the grade in the coin values have something to do with it?

Did I say that correctly?

• psxchellypsxchelly Posts: 568 ✭✭
    Hey!?! Wow, long time no message! Hoes it going?? Hope everything is good with you.

Anyhow, I had always thought that The Weighted GPA and Set Rating became identical when your set was 100% complete... I think I may even have a few excel charts and instructions on how to use them that someone from this forum gave me years ago, that reflect the same thing.

I just think it is odd that when I try to upgrade a coin, my Weighted GPA goes way way up, but then my Set Rating drops really far and makes me drop out of the top 10. It is like I am penalized for adding that better graded coin into my set.

Michelle
  • Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Are you sure you validated it when you were all through?
    Removing coins can make a GPA go up and your set rating go down, if you don't validate at the end.
    Dan

yepp, everything was validated.

Upon further investigation, I think it is the coin.

I looked at other peoples sets, and anyone who had the same coin I had, also had the same problem.... the Weighted GPA goes up, but the Set Rating drops like a rock!

Michelle
  • SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    It might be helpful to Set Registry participants if you identified the specific coin that is causing the problem.
    Steve image
    Oh yeah... your right! image

a 2003 w First Flight $10 gold commem MS 70.
  • Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Still seems odd for a set rating to drop when adding a coin that is MS70.
    Dan
    you're right.... because its replaceing a $10 gold commem that is ms69.
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a glich in the program if that is happening.
    Ask BJ to check it out.
  • NumisMeNumisMe Posts: 841 ✭✭
    Hi Michelle,

Just wondering what set it is in. I'd like to check the calculations for you.

thanks everyone for trying to help me out.

It looks like PCGS fixed everything. Not only did my set get corrected, but all the other sets were corrected too!

michelle
  • ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Damn.....this was justification for NOT buying MS/PR70 coins until it was fixed! imageimage