Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Commentary on GU cards...

This coming from a running diary of the NBA draft from one of the best sportswriters of our generation, Bill Simmons:

"7:49 -- Charlotte takes Adam Morrison. Love that pick. Come on, come on ... cry. Come on. Do it. Cry. CRY! CRY! (Damn. No crying.) Have to say, I'm a little stunned by this one. Never thought MJ would take someone that he could have dunked on relentlessly back in the day. By the way, we learned before the draft that Morrison's suit from tonight will be cut up and put in special edition Topps trading cards. What the hell is happening to this country?"

Well said.

Lee

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    wonder if he knows about the bat dust..... image
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This coming from a running diary of the NBA draft from one of the best sportswriters of our generation, Bill Simmons:

"7:49 -- Charlotte takes Adam Morrison. Love that pick. Come on, come on ... cry. Come on. Do it. Cry. CRY! CRY! (Damn. No crying.) Have to say, I'm a little stunned by this one. Never thought MJ would take someone that he could have dunked on relentlessly back in the day. By the way, we learned before the draft that Morrison's suit from tonight will be cut up and put in special edition Topps trading cards. What the hell is happening to this country?"

Well said.

Lee >>

At least it's not his balls!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>This coming from a running diary of the NBA draft from one of the best sportswriters of our generation, Bill Simmons:

Well said.

Lee >>

At least it's not his balls!

mike >>

why not he wouldnt feel it...he's got diabetes and prolly severe neuropathy image
  • Options
    speaking of Bill Simmons - what idiot at ESPN the Magazine allowed him to write a local Boston column for a national magazine?
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

Well said.

Lee >>

This coming from a man who plunks down 10 grand for error cards from 2006 Topps. "Hi pot, this is kettle. You wanna meet up tonight?"
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Fraid you got it mixed up Boo. Simmons writes for Espn.com and Espn Mag and carries around a Fred Lynn RC in his wallet. Olbermann's the dude buying the Alex Gordon's.

Lee