Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

rudest seller of the year award, please read and boycott

hi.. i bought a joe montana mcfarlane figure on ebay back in april. it is currently nearly july. i have not received this item. i contact the seller 3 times, and every time get the exact same generic response about the product being delayed. i paid on april 24 with pay pal. he did state in the auction that it was a pre-order, however he also said all items ship within 30 days regardless... so that is why i bought it, figuring ok, well a month i can deal with... well now it's 2 months and the damn thing has even disappeared out of my items won file on ebay, so i had to track it down last night on pay pal to even ask him about it.. took me about an hour and a half to find the darn thing in my pay pal transactions..

so i write to him again, politely, as i had 3 times previously.. and i say hello, can you please tell me when this item will ship?? it has now been 2 months and i need to get some answers, or i'm going to have to go to pay pal for a refund, this is getting to be a bit much...

so then this morning i have the exact same standard response email he's sent me every other time, and i get a bit steamed.. so i respond: ok, well enough is enough then.. could you please refund my pay pal payment so i don't have to file a claim on you. thank you.

and then he responds by giving me a refund, and sending me this note: this is the entire email: "we sent you a full refund. you are banned on our auction for lifetime. thank you, craig."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, there is f***ing smoke coming out of my ears right now.... i have not responded yet to him... but i'm definitely stewing..... any thoughts? what should i do? can i do anything?

i almost sent the following response, but didn't click send yet.... "um... ok.. that really breaks my heart.. especially considering there are millions of other, better sellers.. idiot. thanks for the refund, and i will now file a complaint anyway. have a great day."

gotta go out the door but i half wanted to vent and also wanted to find out if i have any recourse.. this guy has seriously ticked me off..... should i trade negatives or what? now that he refunded me, can i still even leave feedback? i also wanted to flame this turdbucket: dreamjoey on ebay.

the item

Comments

• Options
    Not worth the hassle. You received a refund, move on. One of the major problems with pre-sells is delays releasing the actual product. The guy reminds me of one of the sellers from "Comic Book Villians". The one that also sells action figures and toys.......
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    I agree. Your refund came, forget it. Life is too short to dwell on a fool. Im sure he wont be giving you a second thought so why give him the satisfaction. Alot worse things could have happened, least of which would be NOT having been refunded.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I think you are lucky you got the refund so easily. after 45 days one can't get a refund thru paypal. did you use a CC? In any event I'd thank him for sending the refund and also thank him for banning you.

I'd keep it short and sweet.

I would not, i repeat, would not try to get a refund from my CC or paypal. You did say he has refunded you?

To try and get a double refund (even if that is not the intent) and you are just trying to screw with him via the 2 transactions crossing is wrong.

No feedback, just a short lil email stating" thanks for the ban and the refund.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Shoot him in the face with a shotgun. That'll learn 'im.

Lee
  • Options
    The seller gave you the refund after you requested it. He probably doesn't like you because you continually bugged him about shipment of a pre-order product that he didn't have control over. Heck, I give him credit for being honest and speaking his mind. I'm not sure why you want people to boycott him or why you are pissed off at him.
    Rich
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Shoot him in the face with a shotgun. That'll learn 'im.

Lee >>

·p_A·
  • Options
    ALL PRODUCTS DELIVERY WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM END OF AUCTION! WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MANUFACTURER'S DELAYS.

Contradiction?
  • Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    If you go to buy that figure from another dealer keep in mind that it is not sheduled to release until August. And that date may be pushed back.
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options
    I recently purchase something from a seller and asked him two questions. Both emails sent with nice hellos, thank yous, take care, etc...

Do you accept paypal, blah blah blah?

His response (copied and pasted from email - this is all he wrote): no paypal

Follow up email about whether or not he had anything else for sale, basically trying to spend more money with the guy.

His response (copied and pasted from the email - again): nothing

What a real winner.
    -KB-
  • Options
    The refund provides you the opportunity to remove him from your life. A neg, Ebay claim, further emails, etc. just lets his negativity creep further into you.
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin
  • Options
    I totally agree with the just move on theory. Ebay has 50 gajillion things to bid on. He did you a favor by not letting you bid on his stuff as you didn't get the stuff anyway. Plus you got the refund. Play with your kids (if you have any), have lots of sex with your girlfriend or wife, go out with friends tonight & watch some baseball or go see Superman & give us your review but don't give it a second thought because there are so many more things to do in life than worrying bout this.

Good luck!
    Orioles cards from 1960 to today.

Be good my brothers.
  • Options
    mojorobmojorob Posts: 392 ✭✭
    Exactly what Ted said!!
  • Options

<< <i>hi.. i bought a joe montana mcfarlane figure on ebay back in april. it is currently nearly july. i have not received this item. i contact the seller 3 times, and every time get the exact same generic response about the product being delayed. i paid on april 24 with pay pal. he did state in the auction that it was a pre-order, however he also said all items ship within 30 days regardless... so that is why i bought it, figuring ok, well a month i can deal with... well now it's 2 months and the damn thing has even disappeared out of my items won file on ebay, so i had to track it down last night on pay pal to even ask him about it.. took me about an hour and a half to find the darn thing in my pay pal transactions..

so i write to him again, politely, as i had 3 times previously.. and i say hello, can you please tell me when this item will ship?? it has now been 2 months and i need to get some answers, or i'm going to have to go to pay pal for a refund, this is getting to be a bit much...

so then this morning i have the exact same standard response email he's sent me every other time, and i get a bit steamed.. so i respond: ok, well enough is enough then.. could you please refund my pay pal payment so i don't have to file a claim on you. thank you.

and then he responds by giving me a refund, and sending me this note: this is the entire email: "we sent you a full refund. you are banned on our auction for lifetime. thank you, craig."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, there is f***ing smoke coming out of my ears right now.... i have not responded yet to him... but i'm definitely stewing..... any thoughts? what should i do? can i do anything?

i almost sent the following response, but didn't click send yet.... "um... ok.. that really breaks my heart.. especially considering there are millions of other, better sellers.. idiot. thanks for the refund, and i will now file a complaint anyway. have a great day."

gotta go out the door but i half wanted to vent and also wanted to find out if i have any recourse.. this guy has seriously ticked me off..... should i trade negatives or what? now that he refunded me, can i still even leave feedback? i also wanted to flame this turdbucket: dreamjoey on ebay.

the item >>

No offense, but this is nowhere close to the rudest seller of the year.

This isn't even in the running for the 'award.'

You got your $9.50 back. For your blood pressure's sake, just leave it alone.

• Options
    haha.. yes, thank you all... i came to pretty much the same conclusion today myself after i cooled down.. venting here still helped.. think i'll follow win pitcher's advice to the letter... thanks again!

- b

added: for clarification, i was never intending to try to double the refund, that was not the case at all, and if you took it that way it was a mistake.. i merely meant i was going to cry to pay pal about it, which i have decided against based on the fact that it's a plastic toy and we're grown men image
  • Options
    Well if you don't like how this seller dealed with you don't deal with pinstripes-collectibles. I bought a 05 bowman chrome hobby box, 2 05 Contender Brandon Jacobs autos and over a month later with no responses I get my refund. I guess he just didn't like the selling price.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    here's the end of it:

Hi! thanks for the refund, and thanks for banning me also. I would hate to forget and accidentally buy from you again... errr i mean pre-buy. Thank you.

• Options
    Montana:
    Nice reply to end the situation.
    Rich
  • Options
    thanks rich image