Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What feedback to leave?

I just bought 2 PSA cards from a major Ebay dealer totaling $250+. Service is usually very reliable, but this time there was quite a delay. I won the two cards on June 14th, a Paypal instant payment was made on June 15th. At 2am on Sunday, June 25th a payment reminder stating "Your payment for this item hasn't been received yet." I quickly responded (6am) with the Paypal info and a copy of the payment email that was sent to me from Paypal. The next day, Monday, June 26 (8:40am) I received an email stating that they had overlooked the payment and the cards will ship "within the next few days." They shipped the 27th, 12 days after an instant Paypal payment.

A few things are bugging me right now:
1. They managed to overlook a $250+ payment
2. They let me know that they need the money on a Sunday
3. They apologize at 9am on Monday morning and admit it was their mistake, and then don't ship until Tuesday
4. They never offer a discount or a refund of the shipping for my trouble

Do you think I should:
1. Leave them a positive like "Received item, Thank you"
2. Not bother leaving feedback, not that they would ever miss it
3. Leave a neutural, such as "shipped 12 days after payment"
4. Leave a negative like "overlooked payment, took 12 days to ship 2 cards"

I am leaning towards the positive or none at all, but I feel I just needed to vent about the situation. My wife doesn't want to hear it, she doesn't care.

I guess that when you get "Too Big" you can just ignore customer service. If it had been me the cards would have gone out that day, Priority Mail, not 1st class, and the shipping, at the least, would have been refunded either through Paypal or Cash sent with the cards.

Thanks for listening, STEVE.

Comments

• Options
    I would leave positive feedback. This person made an honest mistake and apologized and corrected it. Plus, I'm not sure what in the heck is wrong with asking for money on a Sunday, and I feel that he corrected the mistake in a reasonable amount of time (shipped the item within 24 hours). I'm not sure why you are so upset. This is one reason as a seller that I'll only leave feedback after the buyer does so first. Mistakes will happen from time to time.......in this case, I thought the seller handled his mistake very well.
    Rich
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    In a situation like that I look at a few things. One, did I get the cards. Second, everyone makes mistakes. Third, they communicated with you regarding their mistake. Lastly, did I communicate my feelings with the seller regarding my grievence ? Maybe if asked they would have certainly refunded a portion of shipping, maybe not. You dont know unless you communicate with them.

In the end I would leave a positive but probably make it something short and sweet like a simple " thank you. "
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would leave positive feedback. This person made an honest mistake and apologized and corrected it. Plus, I'm not sure what in the heck is wrong with asking for money on a Sunday, and I feel that he corrected the mistake in a reasonable amount of time (shipped the item within 24 hours). I'm not sure why you are so upset. This is one reason as a seller that I'll only leave feedback after the buyer does so first. Mistakes will happen from time to time.......in this case, I thought the seller handled his mistake very well.
    Rich >>

I can't believe it but I agree with Rich. Damn, I must be drinking. I have overlooked payments myself. If you get say 50 payments in one day you have to scroll through the paypal screen and you could miss it.

Leave the positive feedback. He fixed the problem in a timely manor
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would leave positive feedback. This person made an honest mistake and apologized and corrected it. Plus, I'm not sure what in the heck is wrong with asking for money on a Sunday, and I feel that he corrected the mistake in a reasonable amount of time (shipped the item within 24 hours). I'm not sure why you are so upset. This is one reason as a seller that I'll only leave feedback after the buyer does so first. Mistakes will happen from time to time.......in this case, I thought the seller handled his mistake very well.
    Rich >>

i agree.. the seller made a mistake and owned up to it, and apologized.. they shipped your card the next day..

i wouldnt even consider leaving a negative..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    yeah stuff happens.. give the seller a break, this time. image

added: LOL bri at the mild semi-positive.. i do the same thing..
  • Options
    Hey Farve.....I'm trying to remember what concepts we usually don't agree on...... but It's not ringing any bells?
    Rich
  • Options
    i would leave no feedback. although it was a mistake, and everyone makes them, it still does not deserve positive feedback. it does not hurt the seller if you leave no feedback. honestly, their are not enough feedback options on ebay. there should be a couple of more levels - one to indicate acceptable service which this one would fit into, and one to indicate stellar service, which a surprising number of sellers would deserve. But why should mediocre transactions, regardless of the fact they are mistakes, get the same feedback as a truly deserving transaction??
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

I'd definitely would not leave a neg here. The guy owned up to the mistake and corrected it fairly quickly. Faint praise or no feedback are the best ways to go.

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Leave them a positive like "Received item, Thank you"

I would leave them generic feedback at least. Seller may have made an inocent mistake... and really it's a minor deal. 10 days? Big deal. I realize $250 is a "big" sale on Ebay but come on, 10 days and he was nice about it!? Positive 100% and wouldn't think twice about it. Even the fact that you considered the option of leaving a neg is why I don't like selling on Ebay. Buyers can be nutty in my opinion.
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    I left the simple positive "Item received, Thank you". Had I been in a really foul mood I could have filed a claim with Paypal as it was over $250 with no signature confirmation and sent well after the 7 day Paypal period, but I would never do that as I wouldn't want anyone to do it to me, treat others as you want to be treated.

Maybe people who do this full time, as this dealer does, should watch their transactions a little more closely. With all the notes from ebay and paypal it is pretty hard to miss a payment, as there are checkmarks on paid items, shipping info is all automated, and they use online shipping.
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    I would leave positive feedback that says: Cards arrived.....finally.
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    Gameused:
    I don't believe in treating people the way you want them to treat you but instead "I treat people the way they treat me". With this said, I thought the seller did a very good job of correcting his mistake, and this is why I would have left positive feedback. On thing that still confuses me is.....why do you have an issue with people requesting money on Sunday?
    Rich
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Had I been in a really foul mood I could have filed a claim with Paypal as it was over $250 with no signature confirmation and sent well after the 7 day Paypal period >>

well, filing a paypal claim for no delivery would not mean you were in a really foul mood, it just means you thought about lying to scam the seller out of $250.00..

·p_A·
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Chill out and leave nothing. Service was obviously slow, but payment received notices from PayPal do not always find their way into my Hotmail inbox, so I can see how something like this could happen.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Rich, it seems strange that they can be "in the office" at 2am Sunday morning to send out an email looking for $$ that they would have found if they took the time to look at their records. Then wait another 24 + hours to respond that they found the $$.

In their auctions they state "all payments must be made within 10 days". I paid within 24 hours, wait 10 days then get accused of not paying. I guess that it must be easy to miss the payment received email from ebay, the shipping notification on my ebay, and the shipping notification on the paypal site.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Had I been in a really foul mood I could have filed a claim with Paypal as it was over $250 with no signature confirmation and sent well after the 7 day Paypal period,

I have a real problem with this statement. I could be mistaken but I would assume you also have to have actually NOT received the item!? I don't call that a "foul mood" but rather FRAUD in my opinion. I think you should check yourself....
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Leave the negative, then go to his house and shoot him in the face with a shotgun.

Lee

edited to say- That'll learn 'im.
  • Options

<< <i>payment received notices from PayPal do not always find their way into my Hotmail inbox >>

I could see that happening on Hotmail, but not their own server. They won't block emails from Paypal, that would be totally silly. They got the positives. The payment just slipped through the cracks, but I do feel better having talked about it.

Now had this been a seller that had 98% positive feedback with 70 or so transactions looking for $$$ 10 days after getting paid........
  • Options
    gameused:
    It is easier to do than you think. I never look at the info on my ebay page because I know it isn't always correct. Plus, there have been a couple of times that I didn't receive the paypal payment notification email. The bottom line is that the system doesn't always work and once in a blue moon a payment can slip between the cracks. I still think the seller did a good job in correcting his mistake. Once again, buyers like you is the reason that I will never leave feedback first (as a seller).
    Rich
  • Options
    Just for you guys that think I'm a turd right now, I'm not. Just yesterday when a guy walked into the gas station where I was paying for my gas, wanting to know where he can find diesel, not only did I tell him, but drove him 1.5 miles to the station that had it, let him get the gas can and the gas, then drove him to his stranded truck on the side of the road another mile or so down the street. This was done the same day that my Father's funeral was held, so I'm not really such a bad guy.

Yes, the story is true.
  • Options
    gameused:
    I never said or thought that you were a bad guy. Each person has their limitations and are set off by different things. Heck, there are numerous things that set me off.
    On a side note, I never worry about who thinks I'm bad or who thinks I'm good. All I care about is what I and my family think.
    Rich
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>Leave the negative, then go to his house and shoot him in the face with a shotgun.

Lee

edited to say- That'll learn 'im. >>

You're very nasty today, ain't ya?