Home Sports Talk
Options

NJ Nets 2006 Draft...

Wow as a Nets fan I've come to realize Rod Thorn is simply a godsend. First the trade for Vince Carter which really didn't set the franchise back at all. This draft the Nets picked up Marcus Williams(PG) and Josh Boone(PF) from UConn and wow, I wasn't expecting such great picks for being so late in the draft.
Collecting;
Mark Mulder rookies
Chipper Jones rookies
Orlando Cabrera rookies
Lawrence Taylor
Sam Huff
Lavar Arrington
NY Giants
NY Yankees
NJ Nets
NJ Devils
1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
GregM13
VintageJeff

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    And you're not a knicks fan?

Of course not, right?

• Options
    Yes, I'm a fan of NJ/NY teams. Unlike you Ax my favorite teams all reside within about an hour of each other(The Nets, Devil, and Giants all play at the same complex buddy). Now to see all your favorite teams you need to go via airplane. I'm a fan of the NY Yankees, NY Giants, NJ Nets, and the Devils.

You just continue with your drivel but stay out of the thread unless your going to contribute to the topic.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    Ax....Are you still sad about the Devils/NotSoMighty Ducks NHL Finals a few years back?
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    Why would I be sad? I'm not much of a hockey fan...though I'll watch the games in high definition.

And my teams? Please tell me why I have to be fan of a team that is 2 hour drive away as opposed to a 2 hour flight away?

• Options
    It just proves YOUR the bandwagon fan. hahahaahahaha. What's the difference between a regular game and high def? Nothing. I have a high def tv and actually like football looks weird on the screen in high def.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options

<< <i>It just proves YOUR the bandwagon fan. hahahaahahaha. What's the difference between a regular game and high def? Nothing. I have a high def tv and actually like football looks weird on the screen in high def. >>

YOUR, you mean 'you're'?

Please tell me how my not having a hockey team proves I'm a bandwagon fan? And there's no difference between regular and high def?

Uhm....I am going to go now, as it's obvious 'your' nuts!
  • Options
    Wow a spelling error. Yeesh, it's not like I'm talking about ARods' fielding clinic he has been putting on this season. You are a bandwagon fan for having your "favorite" teams all have gotten hot around the same time(Check Seattle Mariners, Tampa Bay Bucs, Oakland Raiders) and you'll see all those franchises were revived around the same time. You are the bandwagon fan buddy.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    Oakland Raiders?

What the hell are you talking about?

Have you been drinking this morning? Calling me a raider fan is like calling YOU a red sox fan.
  • Options
    lol, I've seen you make multiply posts talking about the Raiders and how "intimidating" the Black Hole is.

How about back to my topic, the 2006 Draft for the NJ Nets. Do you have any comments about it or do you just like to ramble on off-topic?
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    No, the NBA draft is especially boring, more so when there are no dominating players out there.

I mentioned the black hole simply because they are some rough and rowdy fans there...not because I like the raiders. God no.

This draft was boring, and with portland trading everybody they picked for someone else, it just made it worse.

Talk to me in 3 years when these players start to make a difference.
  • Options
    I caught the tail end of the first round, and I agree there isn't any standout players. A lot of hopefully one day solid contributors but outside of Adam Morrison I don't see many guys who will have a career worth their draft status. Portland, eh they haven't known what to do since losing to the Lakers in the WCF. 4 first round picks, 2 that may contribute within the next 2 seasons. I think Josh Boone will contribute immediately. I mean, Clifford Robinson played the majority of minutes at PF for the Nets this season. He's the last active member of the 1986 draft class. Hopefully he'll do what he's known for defense/boards and smart movement without the basketball. I was really suprised to see Marcus Williams fall as far as he did, luckily now the Nets have their first solid backup since Anthony Johnson left.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    I think the Nets are going to have their hands full with Carter. He's never shown a history of playing well with others, and I think the year he had is going to feed his ego to the point he becomes insufferable.

• Options
    I'm not the biggest fan of VC. I don't understand how a guy can simply take a dive for 2 seasons to get off the team he was with. Now, knowing who the Nets traded(Arron Williams, Eric Williams, and Alonzo) I couldn't argue with it in fact I was and still am amazed that the Nets got him that cheap. Hopefully Kidd and RJ will keep him in check, he's never been on a team this well put together so hopefully he'll realize the opportunity this team can have as a unit. If not, trade him before he can opt out of his contract for draft picks and a young flyer.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils