Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

1970 Topps football set - break up or sell as is???

I have the current 6th finest 1970 Topps football set in the registry. My question is would I be better off selling it as is or splitting it up and selling the cards individually on ebay??? It's more than 75% complete with the majority being PSA 8's. anyone with any experience in this type situation with advice I'd be glad to hear from you....the set is listed as al and sandy's set.

Comments

• jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    I am not sure which way is better, but I am wonder why sell now? You are very close. Do you think the set is at a peak prices?
  • alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I have to many sets going so decided that the 1970 set was the one I would part with. It's gotten to be too much trying to complete so many sets. Maybe some day in the future I'll tackle it again but now I plan to concentrate on my 1971 Topps set and the 84 Donruss set I have started. I realize I could just stop buying for this set but it's easier said then done.....all it takes is one or two low priced cards and I'm buying them.
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's best to try selling it as one lot first. If it doesn't go on eBay, it would probably do well in a catalog auction. I would try both before selling the cards off individually.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    I am interested in (3) of the PSA 9's if you break.

thanks.

Loves me some shiny!