Home Sports Talk
Options

NY Knicks - worse run franchise in the history of the NBA?

Maybe not, but probably somewhere in the top 10 at least.

Comments

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    They would be the first example to come to my mind. It's going to be fun to watch Isiah (who has one year to fix his mess, according to the team ownership) try and get those spoiled, overpayed, semi-stars that he put together to listen to him next season - when they wouldn't even listen to one of the best coaches in NBA history last season.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    I think Dolan and Thomas are a perfect for one another - they are both completely inept at their jobs, they are the wost in all of basketball, and unfortunately its the fans who suffer from their incompetance.

Dolan should sell the Knicks if he isn't interested in running the franchise, and Stern should continue to talk to him to get his ass on the right track.
  • Options
    Worst run franchise that isn't defunct. Oh wait, Isaiah is the coach...give them time imageimageimageimage
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    NBAFanNBAFan Posts: 744
    I'd put the Hornets right up there with them.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hands down, Minnesota Timberwolves.

At least the Knicks have done well in the past.

The Wolves did one thing right in drafting Garnett, then paid him so much they can't afford, or find, another star player to go with him.

The Joe Smith debacle has to be the biggest blunder in sports history.

JoeBanzai
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hands down, Minnesota Timberwolves.

At least the Knicks have done well in the past.

The Wolves did one thing right in drafting Garnett, then paid him so much they can't afford, or find, another star player to go with him.

The Joe Smith debacle has to be the biggest blunder in sports history.

JoeBanzai >>

Isiah makes McHale look like a friggin' genius.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    No doubt The Knicks are a disgrace. What a joke. Larry Brown is about as good as it gets in turning teams around, especially those with a new nucleus or young players. You need to give him a couple of years. He got tossed aside by these knuckleheads who can't shine his shoes. Thomas will now coach --hahahhahah. He was appointed prematurely as an executive, and will now demonstrate that his best capacity in basketball was as a player.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the Knicks screwed up again -- ALL the NBA talking heads on ESPN said the Knicks made the WORST draft pick in the first round -- a player they thought was definite mid-second round, possibly not even a round 1-2 pick at all.

Right now it's gonna get much worse before it gets better -- look for 15 to 20 wins next year.
  • Options
    Would a MLB spending $200 million on payroll year in and year out and not winning a championship count as poorly run?
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭

<< <i>Would a MLB spending $200 million on payroll year in and year out and not winning a championship count as poorly run? >>

If they finished with a .280 winning percentage yes. If they make the playoffs year in and year out and give themselves a chance at a title, no.

I mentioned this in another Knicks related post but will restate it here. If I were any of the Knicks with a banner hanging in the garden I would immediately ask the team to remove the banner so I can take it home and tuck away until said time that the team is worthy of being attached to my name. This group of clowns are pitiful from top to bottom. Dolan is the worst at his job, maybe worse than anyone who ever ran a franchise. Isiah is a foolish smiling dope who actually has the cohones to talk about " our fans " and " our city " as if NY'ers give a crap about him. News flash Isiah, we hate you and want you gone yesterday. You do not represent the city or the fans so please stop associating yourself with us. Marbury is the epitome of what is wrong with the NBA today. Selfish, poor attitude, no sense of team. Steve " franchise " Francis is finally living up to his nickname now that he is part of a lousey franchise.

I will go to a WNBA game long before I ever set foot in the garden for another Knicks game.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    The news gets worse for the Knicks - as mentioned, the only first round pick the Knicks had last night has been universally proclaimed in the media today as the worst pick of the draft. And, no one is going to want to trade for anyone from that roster of selfish bums. Dolan proclaiming Isiah a lame duck before the season even starts doesn't seem like a great motivational tactic for the team, either. What a mess.
  • Options
    And the fans that pay for season tickets for that club need to have their heads examined.
  • Options
    jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    I hope they have to pay Larry Brown the entire 40 million. I have to admit, I paid Isiah Thomas to ruin the NY Knicks.
  • Options
    How could you get any worse than the Atlanta Hawks

Jon Koncak - 40 Million, Hello?
  • Options

<< <i>How could you get any worse than the Atlanta Hawks

Jon Koncak - 40 Million, Hello? >>

Heh one contracts as opposed to a team full of horrible contracts?

Knicks 'win' this contest hands down.
  • Options
    Well, when your GM personally ruined a whole LEAGUE and your owner believes that NBA championships are won on the courts of Rucker this is what happens.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    Slow down... let's not forget the Lions so quickly

Isiah Thomas is the Matt Millen of the NBA
  • Options
  • Options
    Surprise, Surprise!!

This from this morning's NY Daily News. Isiah Just Loves These Guys!
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Thanks for that DDog. What a bunch of self serving blather by Thomas. Of course, he put the disjointed team together and then handed it over to Larry Brown. He has to live with this now. I give him one more year before his smiley face stuff and lack of acumen wears out Knick fans.

Axtell - have you ever dribbled a basketball? Or do you just dribble you baseball spunge on a basketball thread?

"A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...