Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

what a creep!

creep

This ebayer lists his auctions without the OC or MC in the title or the description. I emailed him and he said, look at the picture. Nice guy. NOT

Comments

• Options
    Do you want me to give you the list of ebay sellers who not only not mention the OC qualifier anywhere in their auctions but give the SMR value of the next higher grade -- without the OC?
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Or a list of the ebay sellers that will have a beat up piece of you know what for sale and in big BOLD letters the Beckett high book price stated about 17 times throughout their auction.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    Or the number of eBay sellers who spam the word "MINT" in the title and go on to describe the card as NM or better in the description.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    There is also a Reggie Jackson rookie just listed as a PSA 8 and BIN of $279.00.
    I almost pulled the trigger until I re-read the auction.
  • Options
    Don't forget about the guys that put "low pop" on every card.
  • Options
    or "rare"
    The first person in the PSA universe to complete the 1969 OPC
    Hockey set! Always looking to buy, trade or upgrade 1966 Topps to 1969 OPC.
  • Options
    Or my new favorite, "gradable". Everything is gradable. Hate that one.
    Orioles cards from 1960 to today.

Be good my brothers.
  • Options
    i hate when they use psa as a question....

for example...

1981 topps joe montana rc... psa 10???

um the answer is always no. well almost always anyway. at least for me. image
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

<< <i>i hate when they use psa as a question.... >>

I'm with ya... drives me up the wall.

On a somewhat different topic, but similarly irritating to me is when they describe the "minor flaw" that kept the card from grading higher -- "If not for the jagged crease across Hank's face, this card would have easily graded a 9."

• Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    Ebay's search features are great, but one thing they do need to add is the ability to put something like -? in the search. As it is, I think every non-alphanumeric character in the search string is converted to a space, so you can't do that. Of course, they should also prevent people from putting question marks into the title, too. Except for book titles or something, why would you need a question mark? I might be thinking too narrowly there.

I also think PSA should redesign their flips so that instead of the grade being
    NM 7
    (OC)
    it should be NM 7OC. A subtle change, but one that could possibly save some of this trouble. Many people treat the qualifier like it's not part of the grade.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    I found some thing new that annoys me. People who title their listings like this:

1972 Topps Hank Aaron IA #300 PSA 8 NQ

instead of like this:

1972 Topps #300 Hank Aaron IA PSA 8 NQ

and list them alphabetically. I just went through 150 cards listed alphabetically instead of numerically, like my want list.
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

<< <i>and list them alphabetically. I just went through 150 cards listed alphabetically instead of numerically, like my want list. >>

4SC is the worst with that... not only do they list cards alphabetically, they list them alphabetically by first name. Who else lists their cards that way? Crazy.

• Options
    SoutherncardsSoutherncards Posts: 1,384 ✭✭
    I'm not so sure that I'd be upset with the guy. IT IS a PSA 7, just has the OC designation. He does clearly show a pic which he should be given credit for.

That's one of the problems with PSA's grading system. If the card is OC, the grade should reflect such. Death to all qualifiers I say!
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

That's one of the problems with PSA's grading system. If the card is OC, the grade should reflect such. Death to all qualifiers I say! >>

Agree!!!!!!!
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)