Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1991 and 1992 Wild Card

I opened 2 boxes of this product yesterday just for kicks. was cool to open, no 1000 stripes though. Did pool some nice cards of several HOF'ers that are low population may sort through them for gradeable copies.

One thing I did notice that many of the cards were sticking together, the 1992 produced 2 Johnson rookies both ere damaged because of this. Any clues to getting them apart without damage??

Comments

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I opened 2 boxes of this product yesterday just for kicks. was cool to open, no 1000 stripes though. Did pool some nice cards of several HOF'ers that are low population may sort through them for gradeable copies.

One thing I did notice that many of the cards were sticking together, the 1992 produced 2 Johnson rookies both ere damaged because of this. Any clues to getting them apart without damage?? >>

You might try putting them in the freezer for a few days. I've done this with other heavy gloss cards and it's worked out well.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    The early Stadium Club boxes have the same problem. I'll try Boo's freezer method next time, but that means I gotta make room for the box, and that means I gotta eat 3 racks of beef ribs. Mmmmmmm......... ribs.......

Lee
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Wizard--Do you have any interest in selling any of the cards from those two sets that you deem not worthy of grading? I need some raw cards for a handful of player collections (and one team set) that I am working on. If so, send me a PM--and turn on your PM so I can reply.
    Thanks,
    James
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    anyone looking for WILD CARDS, send me a pm for what you are looking for....I have some raw cards.....
  • Options
    I believe I have a bunch of college football WILD CARDS...are they worth anything? Is anyone collecting them?? I remember seeing Russell Maryland and more...let me know...
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Craig--PM Sent
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    Guys - here's what i found. I have a couple hundred that are all from 1991 series. I also have some prototypes in cellophane for the Rocket Ismail, and Russell Maryland. Also some college prototypes of Tommy Vardell/Amp Lee in cellophane.

As far asthe 1991 cards go i have some cards with stripe points for some scrub college players and only one stripe for a pro, bruce smith (5). I have all kinds of stars in the regular cards including Emmitt, Barry, Troy, LT, Thurman, Rice, Elway, Cunningham, Moon, Young. Let me know if anyone has any needs....