Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

So head banging close

I just finished my last roll of 91-D Roosies.
Had 1 coin that is 95% fullband.. (banging my head against the wall)
And as most Roosie people know, there has only been 1 ever graded, and that one is a MS65FB.
Need a good laugh? Try looking at the price list for 91-D's in FB, considering the fact above.
Then check your pop report for the same year/mint mark with/without bands.
Note the 67 and 67FB price. A big smile, since THERE ARE NO MS67FB's. And 'HELLO" if there were it would not sell for less that the non band. image
Dan

Comments

• Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where the 1991-D MS65FB Rick made ended up?
    Dan
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dan60...Don't you know already?

Geez, isn't it obvious?

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.

<< <i>Dan60...Don't you know already? >>

I can't find it listed so, no I guess I'm in the dark on this one.
    I do have 17 more rolls of 2005-D coming. Still looking for that 68-FB if it exists.
    Dan
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Dan60...Don't you know already? >>

I can't find it listed so, no I guess I'm in the dark on this one.
    I do have 17 more rolls of 2005-D coming. Still looking for that 68-FB if it exists. >>

Dan60:

I would guestimate that this coin is sitting in 1 of the top 3 sets, and hasn't been listed yet. I don't believe that this coin that exists actually has FB's on it so it isn't listed. I've heard that since PCGS started grading FB's differently, that most of the early FB dimes would probably not pass now for FB's

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is exactly why, along with the crazy cost, I don't search for FB dimes for my collection. To me the bands are either seperated or not. How could the be seperated before and not now? If the grading subjectivity wasn't enough now they have compounded the problem by adding the FB disignation, which is also a subjectivity problem. To me a coin is what it is and that is the bottom line. I can look at a coin and say I like it or not by how it looks, not by what the label says it is. And again to me a markfree 67 is much prettier than a 65FB with a few small marks to bring it DOWN to GEM! They both count the same in points, but I like the looks of the 67.

Anyway I don't buy the bands and don't have to worry about them going away later and losing thousands of $$$$. You won't see many FB's in my sets and the ones that are there I didn't pay extra for. Some Mercs are hard to find without bands, but I still look for them.

JMHO, Jon

<< <i>Anyway I don't buy the bands and don't have to worry about them going away later and losing thousands of $$$$. You won't see many FB's in my sets and the ones that are there I didn't pay extra for. Some Mercs are hard to find without bands, but I still look for them. >>

If what you say is true, I'll give you a 04-P MS68 OH SO CLOSE TO FB that is very nice for the grade, along with cash for your 04-P 68FB, then you send the FB to Paul. You decide the cash you need to make the trade, after seeing my coin I send you.
    Dan