Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Does PSA grade 1971 Milk Duds complete boxes?

I see that hand-cut cards are graded, but there is no note about boxes. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks.
Wondo

Comments

• Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    WONDO - They sure do.
    The irony is the full box that I have scanned below in a PSA-6
    can probably be hand cut to perfection to garner a much higher
    grade and although just the card would be cut out as opposed
    to the entire box, it will probably be worth a lot more...jay

• Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    Jay,

Thanks. image

I just bought a near set and will ship it off to PSA. Does it go under the Tall Boys bulk?

Thanks,

John
    Wondo

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it have to go in as Super-Size?
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    MS - It wouldn't be supersize as thats for the Turkey Red size holders which handles a 6 x 8" card.
    The milk duds boxes fit nicely in their holder they developed for signed checks...jay
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>MS - It wouldn't be supersize as thats for the Turkey Red size holders which handles a 6 x 8" card.
    The milk duds boxes fit nicely in their holder they developed for signed checks...jay >>

Jay - not sure if that is correct. The Tall Boys handle postcard size issues. The Phillies Team issue Postcard, various Tastykake issues, Kraft two-card panels, etc. are all versions of Tall Boys.

Super-Size Holders are the holders PSA has for autographed checks, Johnny Pro cards, Hostess/Kelloggs 3-card panels, etc. It is a much different size than the T3 holder. I don't have the specific measurements here with me, though. But I know I can't submit the Johnny Pros on the same submission as the postcards, thus the differentiation.

~ms
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    I talked to psa today. I can send in commons at the bulk over-sized rate and stars at express level.
    Wondo

• Options
    I wasn't aware the turkey reds were that big. I have some 5 x 7 cards that I wanted to add to my player registry. I'm not sure $30 a pop is worth it for 12 cards. That's pretty steep.

Which holder is used for hostess panels? Is it the Turkey red or the Tall Boys?

Red

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    I think they are pretty cool in the whole box.

Neat cards
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx