Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Just finished my first player set....

Ok, its a small set, but thanks to this pickup today I finished my Thurman Munson basic set....

"The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
-- Yogi Berra

Comments

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Nice work!
    Now you need to start a new one ...
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Congratulations!

Now, are you going to continue to upgrade or go onto a new player? I did the same thing in completing the Don Drysdale basic set and have now upgraded most of them since the first group that I originally purchased.

Good luck with whichever way you decide to go!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    image good to hear
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Im still working on the Thurman master set, Mattingly master set, Guidry basic and master, Nettles master, Lawrence Taylor master, and several Yankees team sets, so thats more than enough to keep me busy and broke for the for the next couple of years.
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    Good for you! I really wish that I had started with a more easily attained first set goal and moved on from there. There are some great Thurman Munson cards! My favorite is probably the '71 card.
    There are two types of people in this world; those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him!!
  • Options
    Awesome. Nice cards Bri...
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Nice set Bri
  • Options
    Congrats bri--snooped on the registry and I believe you are #5, right? Considering the grades you have, you did a great job!
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Thanks for the nice words guys.....

Paul, that is mine at # 5. I am also at # 3 on the Thurman master set and hopefully can take over # 1 within the next month or two.

Arny, I will keep trying to upgrade as long as my budget will allow me to. I really would like to get the 71 card upgraded from the 6 to an 8. I had an 8 a couple of years ago when I was working on the 71 set, but sold it (which I obviously now regret )
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    With my latest update - image I too am done with this set, just behind you at #6 bri. I might upgrade the '72 at some point, but mine is nicely centered and I can happily live with it...