Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

HOLY CRAP! I Just Made 3 1971 DDO Lincoln's - 2 MS66RD's & 1 MS67RD!!!

Submission #9049291

I thought they would go 4, 5, & 6! image

Comments

• Looking it up, makes no mention of the DDO.....

Pop reports dont reflect them either...
  • RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Was sent under mint error service. Check the cert #'s.
  • Does it mean they wont make a pop report if sent in under mint error service?
  • clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    You suck! What do they go for in those grades? Which DDO? Shoot a 71-P, a POP 27/0 non DDO is a nice coin in

"Does it mean they wont make a pop report if sent in under mint error service?"

No these would have it noted on the holder but only show up in the standard POP's. The Cherry Picker varieties that do not have a coin number fall into this category.
  • DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, what FS number are these?
    Doug
  • FS-030.7
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • Congrats. That is huge!

<< <i>FS-030.7 >>

Which one does PCGS recognize (not mint error slabs)?
    Doug
  • sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    Before you get too excited, they are Satin Finish
  • WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RB, you have done VERY WELL !!! But I thougt they would come up as DDO since the 1971 DDO has its own number and therefore does not need to be sent in as a Mint Error. I would resend them to get them under the correct number as it will affect the pop reports SINCE NO 1971 DDO MS66 or MS67 even exsist!

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • GerryGerry Posts: 456
    Very nice, Roger. Knowing you, I'm sure you have already checked out the NGC and ANACS pop reports which do, in fact, include this variety (FS#-030.7), but for those who haven't:

Currently, NGC lists only 4 in 65RD with none higher. The last ANACS report I have shows 16 graded in red with 4 in 65RD and 2 in 66RD. Because PCGS treats this variety as a "mint error" they do not show pop numbers for it, but I suspect what Roger has are top-of-the-line grades. Amazing results in light of what's out there.

FS#-030.7 is referred to as Die #5, which is probably the second most popular of the five DDO varieties. The "big" one is Die #1 which is FS#-031 - this is the one that PCGS recognizes as the standard DDO and includes in its pop report. That report shows 7 in MS65RD with none higher, but at least one of those 7 is actually a die #2, which PCGS mistakenly slabbed as a standard DDO (Die #1) a few years ago. Unfortunately, it was sold on eBay over a year ago.

But back to Roger's "hits," image
  • imageCongratulations ROGERThose are some great scores for a die#1 coin. Did you
    get these coins out of an original roll? To find a 67 is a HUGE score. You definitely deserve a
    YOU SUCK for this awesome find. Keep those double die's rollin out.
    Mike.image
    Enjoying time at home with the family now is my full time passion.

rabbitracks toned showcase set
    myurl
    Roger, are these coins FS-031 or FS-30.7?
    Doug
  • Wow!

Nice job!

It took three months to get those back? Guess it was well worth the wait.

• RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    I'm VERY pleased with this picture (actually the least nice of the 3 when seen in hand):

This one can be very slightly improved:

& I think this one is too blurry (especially the obverse - as well as the obverse lighting) & can definitely be improved:

BTW, I bought all three of them raw for $50 total off of eBay imageimage
  • itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    I have no clue what those are worth, but from the noise people are making you done good.

Congratulations!
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Roger

Congrats! on your find.image Awsome looking coins. Which one don't you want.image

Take Care
    Dave