Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1964 Topps #3 PSA 8 - Outrageous hammer...

Can somebody please explain this?

Not a low pop (24 PSA 8's out of 121 total graded with three 9's), $65 SMR. Nine bidders went over SMR and the top two both bid over 10X SMR!! It's not a mislabeled Venezuelan...I haven't a clue why this card generated this much action.

Anyone shedding light will be appreciated...thanks.

Comments

• Options
    WeekendHackerWeekendHacker Posts: 1,444 ✭✭
    I don't know, but I will have to check my stock to see if I have one of those. I can still get it graded for 5 bucks!!!
  • Options
    That's 4 snipe bids in the final 12 seconds. Have a feeling it's that rare occurence that two people put in high snipe bids on the same auction.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    paleocardspaleocards Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭
    That's true, but after the top 2 bidders, there were 5 more willing to spend at least $200 on this card, and one of those was pulling the trigger for $527!
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Those 1964 Leaders are VERY tough in high grade, doesn't surprise me at all. Not surprised at the top 2 bidders either, I've seen them in the middle of bid wars for similar cards from that set, but WOW!!!!!!image
  • Options
    I love the set and those leader cards are really nice. My favorite bidder was "the rock" aka Larry Mayer. With an SMR of $65 (?????) the final price was 50% above SMR on a PSA-9.
  • Options
    There's an explanation for this. It's not legit. I don't particularly want to be the one who explains it, but know you're not crazy if that helps.

JLC
    Secretary of the Albacore Club

"I have one word for you, Ben... Spastics. Got it? Good. Enough said."