Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

USPS tracking

Semi-coin related as we all buy it or watch it waiting for our goodies. Why do they even sell it? It never works. Except after a day or two after the package shows up. I just emailed them the same question. FedEx and UPS seem to handle it okay. What gives?
Everything I write is my opinion.

Looking for alot of crap.

Comments

• Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    I have no idea. Registered post I have sent out never seems to get updated after it leaves the post office.

Delivery confirmation occasionally gets updated - when the package is delivered to the wrong place first!
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Actually the way it was explained to me is that it's not like UPS or FedEx tracking at all. It's not intended to be used as tracking en route, but merely an indicator that the package was or was not delivered after the fact.
  • Options
    I thought that was what delivery bconfirmation was for?image

• Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    I thought you were referring to delivery confirmation. What USPS "tracking" are you referring to? I didn't think anything except for Express Mail was tracked...
  • Options
    weresteveweresteve Posts: 1,224
    I believe you can only track registered/express mail ...
    1st You Suck - 04/07/05 - Thanks MadMarty!

Happy Rock Wrens

You're having delusions of grandeur again. - Susan Ivanova
    Well, if you're gonna have delusions, may as well go for the really satisfying ones. - Marcus Cole
  • Options
    Ok, upon further review it seems "tracking" is in fact only available on overnite mail. All the other barcoded stickers put on registered mail, etc.. are infact only delivery confirmation. I was incorrect in assuming they were for tracking as everytime I go to the postoffice they ask if I want to add tracking. Crap. It's not tracking at all those lying scumbags.image

• Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536

<< <i>Why do they even sell it? It never works. >>

Simple answer, Profit. If you can get people to give you money, and not have to do anything in return, you do it and pocket the profit.