Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

World Coin News - Reviews???

I can't find this magazine/newspaper in my city (newsstands, bookstores or library) so if I want it I will need to get a subscription.

Is it a good read ???

Comparable to Coin World ?? ( I can find that publication locally)

Comments

• ajaanajaan Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same people as Numismatic News. Much smaller than Coin World. I used to subscribe but now I usually pick up a copy at one of the local coin shows. It is monthly, not weekly like NN or CW. It is a good read IMO.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • JZraritiesJZrarities Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Good Read. 8.5 out of 10.0

I have a subscription - there isn't anything better that I have found for Darkside.

For ancients, get the Celator magazine.
  • JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    I've gotten lots of good stuff from the ads, this came today:

• Yeah, I've snagged some stuff from ads. It's also good to get for at least a year so you can find new dealers' websites and find more contacts for pricelists, etc........ Whether or not you'll find any articles on your specialty is unknown.
    Everything I write is my opinion.

Looking for alot of crap.
  • GDJMSPGDJMSP Posts: 799

<< <i>I can't find this magazine/newspaper in my city (newsstands, bookstores or library) so if I want it I will need to get a subscription.

Is it a good read ???

Comparable to Coin World ?? ( I can find that publication locally) >>

A good read ? - yes, worth the subscription ? - yes. Will you find much in the area of your personal collecting interest ? - rarely. However, you only need to find that ONE article - then the info contained therein will pay for several years worth of subscriptions image
    knowledge ........ share it
  • I subscribe to it, and wait for it each month.

I also keep them around for several months.

For world coins, it is a great source.

Bob
    I like Ikes!! But I especially like Viking Ships, Swedish Plate Money, and all coins Scandinavian.
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    The ads are useful. The articles are all horribly, mind-numbingly boring -- too much fluff to feed the writers' egos and not enough about coins. That's the number-one reason why I won't subscribe.
  • Mercifully, WCN doesn't publish articles about the fabulous investment potential of mint-state Sacagawea dollars.
    "Think of the Press as a great keyboard on which the Government can play" – Joseph Goebbels

"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media" - William Colby, former CIA director
  • coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    BTW, best introductory rate I've found is $17.99 for 1 year:

Linky

I'm always wary of these discount magazine subscription houses, but I called them up and human beings promptly answered the phone, which is a good sign... image
  • worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    I give it 8 out of 10. I pick it up at the new stand once every few months. I enjoy talking to the dealer that sells Coin World, but Coin World itself doesn't do much for me (except confirm my decision to collect the darkside).