Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1983 Topps Foldouts Question

I just won a lot with the Nettles I needed to submit,

I assume those that are graded are hand cut, any suggestions for cutting them (i.e. what to use and how much "white" to leave on each border? An example of a graded version would be a big help.

Anyone know if these are able to be submitted under the $5 registry special?

Thanks for the help!
Looking for additions or upgrades to my Graig Nettles master player set on the registry.

Comments

• Options
    I didn't submit this one. I just bought it, but hopefully this helps.
    Pete Rose foldout
    kev

keeping my ears open for oddball cards of Rose from the 60's and 70's.
  • Options
    thanks Kev, yes that does help

Patrick
    Looking for additions or upgrades to my Graig Nettles master player set on the registry.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    PSA's graded of these foldouts is inconsistent, to say the least. I really have not found any substantial differentiation between the PSA 5, 7 and 8 examples of the Schmidt FoldOuts that I have owned.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    There is only one set of the 83's in the registry and I have been considering sending some in as well. I emailed the guy and asked him the particulars in regards to submitting. He related that no white should be showing with none of the picture removed. Essentially they are hand cut just like Hostess cards. I agree with mikeschmidt about the inconsistency of the grading. PSA is tough on these as there have been none graded over an 8.

Red

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >