Wow! What strong doublingimage
  • Options
    MurphyMurphy Posts: 903
    Cough! image
    image Monster Wavy Steps Rule! - 1999, WSDDR-015, 1999P-1DR-003 - 2 known
    My EBay Store/Auctions
  • Options
    HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
    Well,everyone can collect what they want,but what's the use of a DDO if you can't seen it without a microscope,and even then it's barely noticeable?
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    what's the use in trying to smack the guy around?

you don't like it, don't bid, don't click, and don't belittle. Maybe he thinks the stuff you're selling is crap.

all you are accomplishing by doing so is essentially TTT'ing the thread with your attempt at an arguement.

Note, I only replied because it was already at the top.
  • Options
    Thanks Goose, You're right. I think Tubbs toned Dollars are ugly, but I don't invade his sale thread and tell him so! I think that's so rude for him to come to my sale thread and give me his low opinion of what I and a few others collect. I have 13 of the 15 different varieties of 2006 doubled die pennies in my modern cent collection. I think that alone is quite a feat having found so many doubled dies of one year. The 2006P-1DO-001 is the srtongest of those and I've been told has the strongest doubling of LIBERTY since the 1995 DDO. And I've been told it has the strongest doubling of any coin since 1997. It's true that you have to have a loupe to see the doubling, it's not as obvious as in the 1955 DDO, but among modern DDO's produced by the Single-Squeeze method it is considered a major DDO. It stands alone as the only 2006 doubled die that PCGS has agreed to slab. I sold one already on eBay for over $200 and I expect this one will too. Let me make money doing what I like to do and let's enjoy our hobby and not make it ugly.
    My EBay Store/Auctions
  • Options
    Compared to the 1955 monster DDO, this one is minor and yes you need a loupe (not a microscope!) to see it but... Of all doubled die varieties produced since they started making penny dies with the single squeeze method in 1997, this variety has the strongest doubling. It is the SS King. It is the only 2006 variety that PCGS has agreed to slab. There are something like 14 other varieties of 2006 doubled dies listed at coppercoins.com.

Two of the most famous coin collectors and authors have either offered to buy or have bought this variety from me unslabbed.

Do a search of this variety on EBay and you won't find many if any for sale or auction. As far as I know, I am the only person to sell one on EBay. Billy Crawford thought he was selling one of these but his turned out to be a different variety altogether.
    My EBay Store/Auctions
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>what's the use in trying to smack the guy around? >>

Yeah! What the hell makes YOU so goddamned special, Hayden? Leave the poor guy alone. How would you like people showing up on the BS&T boards and start shltting all over YOUR stuff?

Damn kids...image
  • Options
    My EBay Store/Auctions
  • Options
    This is Saurday. Auction ends Sunday. image
    My EBay Store/Auctions
  • Options
    Varieties are the spice of life. image

Very nice coin.
  • Options
    p8ntp8nt Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭
    I like the coin and think its cool. I've had it on my watch list since the day it was put up.

Hayden had no right to do that. Don't listen to him.

<< <i>Damn kids...image >>

• Options
    Thanks JoeYuk, been a while since the last time we talked but I think it was about varieties then, lol.
    I don't now what your icon is but I like it!
    My EBay Store/Auctions
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Hi Murphy,

A serious question. you mention in your listing that this is the only DDO PCGS will grade ("...Of all the 8 varieties that I found for 2006, this variety alone is the only one that PCGS will grade"...).

What exactly do you mean by that? Have they assigned a PCGS No. to it already? Is it one they will slab under the mint error program like a Cherrypicker variety? Something else?

There's none in the pop report best I can tell either. I'd genuinely appreciate more info.

Thanks,

Roger
  • Options
    Roger, I asked if PCGS would slab them and received the following reply by email:

Murph,
    After viewing some photos of the 2006 Double Die Lincoln Cents, we will do Die #1, WDDO-001. These can only be submitted under the error program and will be assigned an E prefix, E3196. Hope this helps..........Take care.............Mike Faraone
    My EBay Store/Auctions
  • Options
    Ends today. image
    My EBay Store/Auctions