Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Unlisted in Krause: 1915/4 Peru Sol

Mentioned a while back that ANACS slabbed it as an overdate, and that IMHO it's most certainly a 1915/4, so here's my photographic proof:

The flat base of the 4 is also barely visible under the 5 but didn't come through so well in photo. Raised lines from heavy die polishing can be seen pretty clearly though.

Comments

• Options
    critocrito Posts: 1,735
    And as an excuse to TTT the thread, here's my best effort photographing the "monster" toned Sol that PCGS crossed. Can't get two middle rings of purple and dark blue to show up well without a glare spot in middle of slab. Diffused light and longer exposures isn't really working on this one; guess the toning is just too dark. Anyway...

• Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Nice color on the Sol even if it is difficult to capture!
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Wonder what I'd have to do to get PCGS to put 1915/4 on the slab. Hopefully I don't have to get it listed in Krause first. image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hot dawg- even if the colors didn't come through in the pics, that is some sweet-lookin' target toning! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    Are there any published references that list the 1915/4 overdate?
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Over-date is clear as day!

Great variety image

• Options

<< <i>Are there any published references that list the 1915/4 overdate? >>

I'm assuming there must be in Peru, as I bought it as a 1915/4 on ebay. Was surprised to actually get a 1915/4 though, as there's no mention of it any any of the older references I have on the series, including Gamaniel Beltran's exhaustive study. So I guess it's a recent find that's just not widely recognized yet. image