Home Metal Detecting
Options

Huge "Metal Detecting" find and a what-is-it

DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
I used to dectect a lot about 5 or 6 years ago, way before I started reading these threads... now I find myself wanting to get back into it. Well, since its raining here in WV, I decided to clean out my out building and I found my box of treasure that I found a few years back. All of this was found with a Bountyhunter Quickdraw II. Most was in a State Forest but I also searched abandonded coal towns (the brass tags with numbers stamped in them) and I like to just walk through the woods (fired bullets)

This I can't figure out what it could be. Thought maybe a sheath of sorts but ????

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for sharing your past finds Dave!

Can't help you on the relic, but maybe someone here has something similar and will chime in.

I like the button next to the police badge!
    I see you have 2 Boy Scout neckercheif slides and a Cub Scout one as well. Were these found in close proximity?
    The oval silver locket is cool too!

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I see you have 2 Boy Scout neckercheif slides and a Cub Scout one as well. Were these found in close proximity?

>>

Yep, Our local state forest is a result of the Civilian Conservation Corps effort during the depression. For a very long period of time now, the former CCC loding site has been a popular Boy Scout camping area. It's a fun place to search.

Its also used by our local guard unit for war game practice (thus the fired blanks)
  • Options
    Nice assortment of finds! Thanks for showing them.

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    That is quite a collection of relics. Way to go and thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This I can't figure out what it could be. Thought maybe a sheath of sorts but ???? >>

It's a crustycritter. A hoobyjigger. Yeah, that's it.

That's an interesting array of old tool checks.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    TheGuyTheGuy Posts: 68 ✭✭
    That's a great collection of stuff!

Great work and thanks for sharing that with us. image
    "Sometimes we don't know just what to do when adversity takes over." -- Cannonball Adderley