Home Sports Talk
Options

Paintball On ESPN

Further proof that for all it's cutting-edge claims, ESPN is still a network for goobers!

In the midst of the World Cup it wastes blocks of airtime with this trash sport!

Comments

• Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942

<< <i>Further proof that for all it's cutting-edge claims, ESPN is still a network for goobers!

In the midst of the World Cup it wastes blocks of airtime with this trash sport! >>

I wouldn't be surprised if Paintball gets higher ratings than the world cup. They had at least a small audience with the US in the cup race
    now that they are out how much interest do you think there will be?
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESPN shows poker, so why should paintball be a surprise? One day it'll be chicken racing from Indonesia.
  • Options

<< <i>ESPN shows poker, so why should paintball be a surprise? One day it'll be chicken racing from Indonesia. >>

or cockfighting...
  • Options
    jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    I don't even watch espn anymore. Also their website sucks. They try to charge money for everything, even though you can get better information for free. And they have stuart Scott.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I'd have to say paintball is more exciting than world cup any day of the week....

of course, exciting is not a term I'd use in the same sentence as either of those, much less Poker, Nascar, Fishing, or Golf.
  • Options
    Was having lunch at Fridays the other day when i noticed up on the t.v they were airing a dominoes game. Pretty sure it was ESPN but im not 100% sure

" Dominoes Motherf*%$# " ( Doughboy in Boyz in da hood )
  • Options

<< <i>Was having lunch at Fridays the other day when i noticed up on the t.v they were airing a dominoes game. Pretty sure it was ESPN but im not 100% sure

" Dominoes Motherf*%$# " ( Doughboy in Boyz in da hood ) >>

Yep, ESPN is experimenting with dominoes this summer. I think it is on ESPN2.
  • Options
    Golly...Can't wait till them chess matches.
  • Options

<< <i>Golly...Can't wait till them chess matches. >>

Dominoes are popular with Hispanics, ESPN is trying to see if they can develop enough of a niche audience to make it worthwhile.
  • Options
    And Bass Masters too!....ESPN cut away to Bass Masters after Sunday's second WC match so fast, it made my head spin!

• Options

<< <i> Dominoes >>

That's one step away from an RPS tournament!

I actually once watched a chess match on ESPN. I believe it was Kasparov vs. X3D Fritz (computer). I'm decent against people, but the chessmaster software kicks my ass.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i> Dominoes >>

That's one step away from an RPS tournament!

I actually once watched a chess match on ESPN. I believe it was Kasparov vs. X3D Fritz (computer). I'm decent against people, but the chessmaster software kicks my ass. >>

I remember when those machine chess programs first came out. I had no trouble beating even their "advanced" level. I haven't tried it in years but I "know" I wouldn't beat it now.
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    ESPN should give themselves a big pat on the back for promoting poker and gambling in general to American youth so diligently.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    Since when is it ESPN's responsibility to raise the youth of this country. I liked the good ole days, when parents raised their kids, instead of the television having to do so. What is next, am I going to hear that a hunting show on television, is the same as giving a child a license to go out and shoot any and all animals walking the earth?

Back to why this thread started, I would much rather watch paintball on television over bowling. Anyone who has ever played paintball, knows it is a rush, and is one of the most fun games to play!!!