Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

Key KINGPIN.....SWAP is FINALLY Complete.. 7/15

I have been kind and waited three weeks and NOTHING AT ALL! I have PM'ed you several times. Are you gonna trade with me or not? If not Please send my stuff back. If you have a reasonable explanation, I am listening.......

TorinoCobra71

Edit: After 60+ days swap is complete.......

Comments

• Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange! I was in a recent swap with Ray/Kingpin and it went without a hitch. In fact, I think I got the better end of the swap....
    Not that this helps your situation, but he's been around awhile and has had at least one good swap behind him.

I hope it works out for you
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    This is happening too often, actually once is too much.

Maybe the next step is to start listing addresses? image

Maybe a member that lives close by can give him a 'ring'!

I have an '800' number at work......
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is happening too often, actually once is too much.

Maybe the next step is to start listing addresses? image

Maybe a member that lives close by can give him a 'ring'!

I have an '800' number at work...... >>

I do not know if listing addresses is LEGAL/ETCHICAL. Hey BOOM, what you got to say about this? image

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    Know what you mean, on the other hand, not as illegal, or unethical as stealing.

I may be way off base here, with Kingpin.....and the problems others are having with babboonbobo2, but we need to do something so others aren't discouraged for making trades.
    I think both Kingpin & babboonbobo2 have (had) been here long enough for members to trust them.
    A freindly phone call might go a long way in resolving these issues.

JMO

I know one thing, neither of these members will want to have BOOM get involved...."he don't play that game."
  • Options
    KingpinKingpin Posts: 277

Hey Torino

Sorry I am been in the middle of relocation and mail situation has been total mess, plus have had limited access to internet. Now relocated in Vegas and will get that package out, deepest apologies again, I understand your frustration, i've had it happen to me.

Ray
    PCGS certified Modern Commemoratives and American Eagle Gold Bullion, Type set coins, CC mintmark coins, Confederate currency, Shield Nickels XF and better,HOF sports cards graded/ungraded
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Thank you for stepping forward, Ray.

I am open to suggestions from all senior swap participants. While I intend to find out if listing (publicly) all participants' personal information is or is not permissable, at the very least, commencing NOW, I WILL KEEP a Master list of everyone's verified info.

With me having verified addresses and phone #s, should any irregularities transpire in the future, I will be doing the follow up calling.

Ray's explanation DOES make sense. The man was moving and a lot comes with doing so. I could swear for Ray just as I could for many of you. I knew that he would eventually surface. Ray has been TOO GOOD a swapper for far too long to stiff someone for a coin or two or whatever #, for as that goes.

Glad this ended well. image
  • Options
    p8ntp8nt Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭
    I've thought of swapping before but have been too scared after hearing "Louie" stories.
  • Options

<< <i>I've thought of swapping before but have been too scared >>

I'm about to address peoples' "fears" & reservations.

A set of guidlines is going to be implemented that will make each and every one of us accountable to everyone else.

All deadbeats are, as of now, at the end of their Life Cycles.

A verified Master List will be drawn up. I "move" that at least two other Members help me do follow up work including issues yet to be addressed.

I suppose, in essence, we are going to form our own Coin Club, complete with Officers and bylaws. What say all?

This is going to be run cleanly or what happened recently to a certain ex-member will be made to look like a minor incident.

I would like to make this an enjoyable, mutually gratifying, experience for all and to generate interest in these swaps so that more & more people participate.

Why does everything have to be so difficult? People ... what is so frigging hard about agreeing on a figure and swapping coins?

NO SWAP WILL BE DECLARED FINAL UNTIL BOTH PARTIES POST (after COMMUNICATING WITH ONE ANOTHER) THAT THEY ARE SATISFIED.

SPEAK UP!.................... TO BE CONTINUED.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Torino

Sorry I am been in the middle of relocation and mail situation has been total mess, plus have had limited access to internet. Now relocated in Vegas and will get that package out, deepest apologies again, I understand your frustration, i've had it happen to me.

Ray >>

Ok Ray. I will wait and see what comes in the mailbox........

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    I 2nd Boom's Proposal!

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    I'm new and won't swap as the risk to me seems high, some rules and oversight would make me feel more at ease and more likely to join in and prove my worth to this forum-----Tom
    Support your local gunslinger, you never know when you'll need him
  • Options
    Tom, WTF kind of post was that? $50 .... Too risky?

Stay safe. image
  • Options
    My patience is wearing extreely thin. Ray, WTF are you doing? Enough already.

If you don't have time to send Gary a coin or 2, simply send what he sent you back to him.

You are oficially on the clock, Kingpin. Answers/ results/ action, let's have it. image
  • Options
    Boom,

DOWN BOY!

KingPin replied on Monday,the 26th & your response on Friday, the 30th.
    Unless there was a request to add delivery conf. & report it, I'm not sure there has been ample time for delivery.

Sorry I am been in the middle of relocation and mail situation has been total mess, plus have had limited access to internet

Maybe the coins have been delivered (would have been on Tuesday or Wednesday) & just haven't gotten there yet.
    If he does not have access to the internet, it might be hard to communicate this.

I say wait another week (probably why you added the time is clicking line), I would hate to lose a 'swapper', not enough as it is.

JMO
  • Options
    Torino can send an email just like anyone else and see what is up.

As for Boom- he is not off base here- I think a set time to get it shipped is only fair to both involved.

i want to see the outcome of this one, it will be a deciding factor for ME if I participate in anymore swaps in the future.
  • Options

<< <i>Torino can send an email just like anyone else and see what is up.

As for Boom- he is not off base here- I think a set time to get it shipped is only fair to both involved.

i want to see the outcome of this one, it will be a deciding factor for ME if I participate in anymore swaps in the future. >>

MH2 -

Dont you think I have tried that SEVERAL times in the past two weeks?

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    I know Torino has tried to contact Kingpin......
    Kingpin finally replied with some 'issues'.
    Even though this was WAY beyond the norm we would/should allow for a swap to be made, I will give Kingpin the benefit of the doubt & start the clock when he responded.........what would be a good time table? 1 week? 2 weeks TOPS.
    So, let's see if he can come through sometime SOON.
    & I hope it's GOOD.

An idea comes to mind though that I'll post in BOOM's A Must Read regarding Future Coin Swaps- A Forum for all interested parties thread.
  • Options
    FOUR WEEKS, THREE DAYS AND COUNTING? Uh uh ...NO WAY! image

Ray Weber, as of today it has been 9 days since you publicly acknowledged that you would make good on your swap. NINE DAYS! During this time Torino and I have already consumated our swap.

You OBVIOUSLY had access to a computer 9 days ago. I would bet my right arm that you would have made good by now. It shouldn't be difficult to find a computer right in your very area. What is so difficult about either sending the man his merchandise or simply putting what he sent you back into a box and returning it to him?

This is so unlike you but enough is enough. You need to save face and do the right thing. SEND HIS MERCHANDISE BACK NOW OR GET SOMETHING IN THE MAIL TODAY. DO NOT FORCE ME TO DO WHAT I REALLY HAVE NO DESIRE TO DO.

I have swapped with you and to this day I am totally unaware of any complaints levied against you. Let's go Ray or you will soon (VERY SOON) have a mark against you for all time.

Best wishes,

BOOM
  • Options
    raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭
    This is my first time posting here. I'm one of the other Rays here. This is the second time in the very recent past that people have been late shipping items due to moving. For future reference, I recommend that people should not try or be allowed to start a swap if they are moving or going away on vacation within 2 weeks of the trade. That way, this possibility would be pretty much avoided?

I know accidents and emergencies happen. There have been several in my family in the last 2-3 months where my mother in law nearly died twice. My wife and I were both hospitalized on diffferent occassions. Stuff happens. BUT, if I were PLANNING a move or vacation, I wouldn't even THINK of starting a deal that I couldn't comsumate in a timely manner. If you do have an emergency. just send a QUICK note explaining an emergency has popped up and about how long it will be until you CAN provide an estimate of how long you will be off-line. Does this sound fair for part of the by-laws? Signed, one of the good Rays.
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

• Options
    Ray,

I agree with you.......BUT, we should then schedule the swap dates.
    Currently one may be called for & the actual pairing not be announced for a month or 2.
    Someone might want to be in when it is announced but on vacation/moving a week or 2 after the announcement of swapping partners.

Something we should look into though.
  • Options
    Ray Weber. You are a HUGE disappointment to ALL of us. On, Monday June 26, 2006 5:54 PM , you logged on and acknowledged that you were late and that you would get Gary's items out ASAP.

I submit to you that in the time it took you to login and post that day yoou could have placed coins in an envelope and gotten his items to him. As of Monday coming, 2 MORE WEEKS HAVE LAPSED and you have failed to produce.

Now HEAR THIS. Monday Morning the 10th of July, I will have the Vegas area Sherriff's Department (Clark County) looking for you. Be prepared Bud.

You are screwing with 2 US Govt entities, The US Postal Inspectors and the Feds as this, at this point, involves Theft over Interstate Boundaries (you admit posession) which IS a Federal Offense.

You wanna play stupid? So be it!

Torino, I need a breakdown of what was shipped and it's resale value. I also want his last known address to see where he has had his mail forwarded to. I'll find him. Wonder how Ray will like a Felony Theft Rap against him over $80 measley worth of goods?
  • Options
    Torino ...DIG IT!!

CONTACT US

Please do not use email to report a crime or request immediate police service. Please contact us by phone or in person.
    LVMPD General Information
    Non Emergency: 311
    or
    (702) 229-3111
    TTY-(702) 229-3111 Office of the Sheriff
    (702) 229-3231
    OfficeoftheSheriff@lvmpd.com

Domestic Violence
    (702) 229-4431 Detention Center
    (702) 671-3900

L.V.M.P.D. Personnel
    229 3497 L.V.M.P.D. Recruiting
    229 5601
    Recruitment@lvmpd.com

Crime Stoppers
    (702) 385-5555 Public Information Office
    (702) 229-3394
    pio@lvmpd.com
  • Options
    Hate to see this happen, BUT......

I tried directory assistance on Friday to see if there was a listing (told the operator that it would be a new listing), but to no avail! image

Sorry Ray, can only wait so long & do so much before you turn it over to the authorities.

It's folks like you that have our heads spinning on how to prevent this from happening to others.

Maybe the real answer will be fear of legal action, and yours will be a test case!
  • Options

Guys I sent the items out a couple days after I stated I would not sure what happen I will send another out TODAY Sunday, I am not sure of why you did not receive the package but I have been involved in several swaps and have ALWAYS sent my things quickly and must also add USUALLY of a higher quality then what I receive I QUARANTEE Torina you will have your coins by Wednesday.

Ray
    PCGS certified Modern Commemoratives and American Eagle Gold Bullion, Type set coins, CC mintmark coins, Confederate currency, Shield Nickels XF and better,HOF sports cards graded/ungraded
  • Options

<< <i>Guys I sent the items out a couple days after I stated I would not sure what happen I will send another out TODAY Sunday, I am not sure of why you did not receive the package but I have been involved in several swaps and have ALWAYS sent my things quickly and must also add USUALLY of a higher quality then what I receive I QUARANTEE Torina you will have your coins by Wednesday.

Ray >>

Wednesday........Where have I heard this story before? I Already gave ya a second chance, now ya want a third? image What say Ye BOOM?

TorinoCobra71

• Options

Just to let everyone know I sent out Torina his package.....AGAIN!!!

Ray
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    How about a "Delivery Confirmation Number"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options

<< <i>Just to let everyone know I sent out Torina his package.....AGAIN!!!

Ray >>

Again? First one got lost in the mail? No Insurance or Delivery Confirmation # !?!?!?!?!?!?! imageimage

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    I have to agree with Musky1011.......ESPECIALLY if you know the eyes of this forum are upon you....tracking number??

Ray (Kingpin), I hope you know I have given you every benefit of a doubt, and although your name may be tarnished beyond repair, this would be my suggestion to you;

NEXT DAY DELIVERY......either USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc.. Cost is higher, but your reputation should be worth it.
    TRACKING NUMBER......I think FedEx or UPS is better than USPS, they sometimes don't scan it in. While you might think this is overkill on next day delivery, it's to protect YOU in case the package is lost.....case in point.
    INSURANCE FOR THE FULL AMOUNT.....Should be obvious.

ALL the info should be posted ASAP on Monday.

I would also suggest you PM TorinoCobra with the coins you are planning on sending, he should have the option of voiding the trade.

Those would be my suggestions/opinions.
  • Options

Gentlemen

If you knew all the details my position would not look so bad. I have sent Torino a package of coins with a higher value then what I received,,,,,,so the option of voiding the trade in in my opinion ridiculous.. The failure of the mail system and my lack of internet access has been the chief cause of this dilemma. I made FIRST contact after pairing, sent him a greater variety of coins to send, and sent out my first package from SC promptly, unfortunately the mail service is deplorable there and the package returned to me (without stated cause) about 10 days later. I then sent out the package from Chicago June 28th and yes my mistake no tracking number, that package, if Gary did notreceive it, is in postal purgatory somewhere. The latest pacage mailed today again has no confirmation because I wanted to end this fiasco and therefore was sent on a Sunday. I work 10 hr days with no way to get to post office during business hours. I expect him to get the package on Wednesday and end this mess. I have trade with several of you without incident and did not expect this to be any different. I have apologized on several occasions. I know I will not be welcome in future swaps BUT would NOT participate is invited to. I have waited 4 or 5 weeks a couple times for packages with NO communication but never caused an uproar that was started in this instance......it's coins fellas not life or death. I could go on but i'll leave it at that.

Ray
  • Options
    Ray,

You are correct that these are coins we are talking about.
    That's the short-sighted version of the story.
    The bigger picture, IMO, is the trust that we all must have about the folks we are trading with here.
    Are the trustworthy? Do we feel comfortable in sending $100's worth of coins on trust alone?
    When someone breaks that trust a shadow is cast upon the forum as a whole.

I find it uneasy that you have again decided to send coins uninsured & without tracking, but it's your call.
    It would have been VERY EASY to go to the USPS web page, 'CLICK N SHIP' a package label, sent PRIORITY w/FREE DELIVERY CONFIRMATION & either buy the postage there, OR even print it out without postage so you don't have to give out a CC number, then add the postage with stamps.
    At least you would have had a tracking number.
    Again, this was your call, hope it works out.

Augie
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is Way Funny over a few coins. Chit happens.

Do you regular swappers really think anyone else would like to join this swap mess you have made ? Where is the Fun when all a person can think about is Rules and if the package made it to the other person in a timely manner.

Maybe Kingpin is Full of Chit but I doubt it.

Ken
  • Options
    The RULES are always posted and are very basic and include

1- COMMUNICATION

2- Deciding on a figure between partners and by what guidelines coins will be valued.

3- PROTECTING YOURSELVES AND YOUR INTERESTS WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION and quite possibly insurance.

All the rest of this is nonsense.
  • Options
    Did Ray send your items yet, Torino?
  • Options
    Swap with KingPin is FINALLY done!

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    imageimage

Hope you got what you wanted.
  • Options
    Thank God and Ray. I want everyone to know that I DO believe Ray sent the first batch out.

He had no reason NOT TO. He's always been a sterling swapper and all of this was VERY unpleasant.

I could write a Book of the uncalled for horror stories caused by the USPS' gross incompetence.

Mail FROM the US Mint, to me, delivered a hundred miles from here AND THE BOXES WERE CORRECTLY MARKED!

US Priority Mail, Insured AND with Signature Confirmation totally mis-delivered, sitting all weekend long down the road in the Veterinarian's mailbox. I checked the DC# and it showed that I HAD SIGNED for it, WHEN I HAD NOT.

I went straight to the Postal Inspectors' Office and DEMANDED they SHOW ME my signature .. which of course they could not, have not AND NEVER WILL because IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. Seems my carrier scanned it before ever leaving the Post Office and NOBODY SIGNED FOR IT.

My DRUNK carrier is now an ex--carrier over this sort of nonsense. Right NOW I am overdue on some deliveries and am I fuming because a LOT of money is on the line here .... A LOT OF MONEY! These item s should have been here already and it's about to hit the fan again.

PEOPLE.... THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I TELL YOU TO ALWAYS INSURE YOUR PACKAGES AND USE DELIVERY CONFIRMATION.

This whole ordeal was very stressful on everyone and I, for one, am glad it's over but unfortunately Ray is the loser because he didn't have a leg to stand on and NOW, due to that fact, we have probably lost one of the best swappers we ever had.

Ray, like I told you ... I believe in you and if you're mad right about now I suggest you take a good look in the mirror.

HOW FRIGGING SAD. image
  • Options
    Glad it's over, BTW I caught the mail employee emptying the box on Monday morning so was able to send item WITH CONFIRMATION and INSURANCE. As you can see it still took post office 5 days to deliver. Postal rates continue to RISE, service DETERIORATES. KINGPIN signing off, have fun with future swaps.
  • Options
    You are always welcome here and for the record, I would trade one on one with you all day, everyday! image