Home Metal Detecting
Options

Found some clad and...

Was off of work today and had a few minutes so I went to a local park for some hunting. It is a rather new park and was really just playing around finding some clad and a bunch of bread ties of all things. Anyhow, I decided to check the volleyball courts and see what I could find in the sand. After digging a few pull tabs and a clad dime, I had another "hit" and figured it was another clad or worse. I had my handy soil sifter and was sifting the sand where I heard the tone. Well, at about 8" or so, out popped this ring, I couldn't believe it. It looked like silver or sterling and I put it in my apron and kept on hunting. Didn't find anything else but junk and I headed home. When I got home I emptied my apron and and cleaned up my find and when I cleaned the ring and inspected it I got a pleasnnt surprise...it's marked 10K...it's white gold!! Not sure about the stones, may or may not be diamonds. The only bad thing is that one of the small stones is missing. Wow, my first gold ring!! I love this hobby!!

Comments