Home Sports Talk
Options

Hey Knicks Fans!! You might want to cheer for the team across the river!!

ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
'Cause with Isiah in charge of EVERYTHING, worst record in the league, no cap room with a league leading $121 million payroll, and no good draft picks, the Knicks are gonna SUCK for a LONG, LONG, time!! image

On top of that, instead of agreeing to a reasonable buy-out, Isiah the genius will have to pay Larry Brown $15 to $20 million or more for firing him!!

Comments

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    This brings up an interesting question. Has any franchise in the history of North American professional sports ever been as grossly mismanaged as the New York Knicks under Isiah Thomas? Seriously, is there any precedent for this kind of incompetence?
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Seriously, is there any precedent for this kind of incompetence? >>

Sure, there was the CBA which went into bankruptcy and folded.

Oh, ooops... That too was run by Isiah.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    The Detroit Lions under Matt Millen would be close, but the Knicks are #1 in this category!
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    This situation is absolutely ridiculous. Larry Brown has turned around many franchises - he is a fundamentalist coach, great at developing young players and also focuses on team chemistry. He got handed a pile of sht that Thomas created, and could not do anything with it in year one. This is a travesty. Thomas will make even a greater joke of himself next year on the sidelines. As an old Knick fan, I am thoroughly disgusted.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering it's the NBA, New York City, and the size of the payroll, arguably this is the most pathetic sports franchise around.

And how does Thomas even conceivably keep his job? - Thomas must have secret photographs of the Knick's owner wearing women's lingerie.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>The Detroit Lions under Matt Millen would be close, but the Knicks are #1 in this category! >>

No doubt Millen has to rank way up there.
  • Options
    Stern even went to Knicks management and gave them ideas on what they could do to improve their situation.

Dolan (team owner) and Thomas apparently brushed him off with little more than a 'get the hell out of here' mentality. Dolan appears to be no more than a rich bully who surrounds himself with people eager to agree that his way is the best way, damn everyone else.

Larry Brown wanted to do it his way, and Dolan wasn't having that. Dolan didn't even hold a press conference, instead doing it through a press release.

Now, he is trying to say Brown isn't owed the rest of the money of his 5 year contract. I am sure Mr. Stern, as chief arbitrator, will be more than willing to rule in Brown's favor.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Good post Ax, what a joke.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    The Knicks haven't been the same since Dave Checketts left

Scott Layden should also be to blame for the Knicks woes. The ship was on it's way down way before Isiah got there

It all started years ago when instead of letting Ewings contract expire they decided to trade him and they brought back huge contracts in return ( guys like Luc Longley and Glen Rice to name a few )

Dave
  • Options
    Scott Van Pelt does a great Steven A Smith impersonation...I remember him doing it saying 'the new york knicks are terrible! scott layden is terrible! howevah...'

Great stuff.

The knicks are in purgatory, and things aren't going to change anytime soon. Throw in the Bulls getting their #1 draft pick this year (and possibly next year, too), and you have a long, long uphill road for a once proud franchise.