Home Sports Talk

Sports Century on Darryl Strawberry

Sad

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya its sad he just couldn't focus on having the world by the balls. The guy was given more chances and just would not do the right thing. Him and Doc are both from the same mold, it really is a shame.
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who was it that said "We've been waiting 5 years for Strawberry to play to his potential". I'm thinking Keith Hernandez, but maybe not.
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sad >>

Doc Gooden was even sadder. HOF career ahead of him, and blew it all on coke.
  • DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Too bad. There are a million stories about people who never reach their potential, largely due to themselves. He's an ass.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Too bad. There are a million stories about people who never reach their potential, largely due to themselves. He's an ass. >>

yeah I guess HE aint the only one
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    These two guys suffer from a disease. yes it is sad.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    I remember seeing a profile of him on that Sunday morning show with Charles Kurwalt (sp?) many years ago. I believe he was still
    in high school at the time and they talked about how good Strawberry was and the great potential he had to make it big in baseball.

At the time I made a mental note to myself to remember the name "Strawberry" (rather unusual last name which helped).

Very sad how it all turned out.