Home Sports Talk

Isiah Thomas learn from ML Carr

jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
Don't name yourself headcoach. I cannot wait for the nba season.

Comments

• Dolan should've learned from Thomas's effect on the CBA.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    And now the infamous saying of reaping what you sow comes into play.

Thomas put this collection of bums together, now he has to deal with them.

I hope Thomas gets run out of town in a month...he's the worst exec in all the NBA, and Dolan is the biggest idiot. He fired one of the game's all time great coaches, and instead puts in Thomas?

• There not bums just guys who can't play team ball and think it's Rucker Park instead of MSG.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Is the sexual harassment case still going on with Isaiah?
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • I believe so.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
    Come on.

Marbury (oops, I mean 'Starbury') isn't a bum? Stevie Francis isn't a bum?

They are, they have a roster of overpaid, old, and disagreeable bums. They aren't going to be any better for the forseeable future, they are paying guys 10s of millions of dollars who are RETIRED.

If you're a knick fan, get ready for another long, long, long season.
  • jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    What a collection of chumps. Larry Brown also has a track winning of turning things around in season 2. Who remembers Isiah saying that Larry Bird would just be an average player if he wasn't white.
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    The Knicks have sealed their fate for the forseeable future, and nothing makes me happier. They are indeed a team of selfish players, bums, and overpaid quasi-stars - and now add in the world's worst basketball executive as their coach, and you have a recipe for last place.

I remember Isiah saying that about Bird. Imagine the fallout if Bird made a similar comment about Isiah, though?
  • DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Spot on Ax and others, what a disgrace. It will be a curiosity to see how worse it gets.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...

• << <i>Who remembers Isiah saying that Larry Bird would just be an average player if he wasn't white. >>

I think someone on his team said Bird only won the MVP award that year because he was white, and Isiah said "That's true."
  • bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    The Knicks have turned into the single biggest joke in all of professional sports. Isiah makes me sick to my stomach. To hear this jerk talk about " our fans " and " our city deserves better " etc etc. I wish someone would tell him we arent his fans, this isnt his city, and we all want HIM gone. That stupid little smile of his wont work and its time for him to get lost fast. Maybe Sprewell can come back and choke him.

As for the rest of the Knicks, forget them too. Marbury is a selfish jerk who they never should have signed. I cant say enough negative things about him. He is exactly what is wrong in the NBA today. Steve " Franchise " is finally able to live up to his name now that he is on a crap franchise.

Maybe they can give away a few more number one picks this year. They might even find a way to pay Isiah about 1.5 million a win like will end up having to give Larry Brown. Not that Brown didnt deserve the $44 million he is owed. Anyone who could put up with that front office and bunch of losers on the court deserves at least that much money.

If I were Clyde, DeBusschere, Reed, Monroe, Bradley, or even Ewing I would ask the team to remove my banner and let me take it home with me. I wouldnt want it hanging up there in the same building as todays bunch.

I will go and watch a WNBA game before I ever set foot in the Garden for a Knicks game again.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

Dolan is as much to blame as anyone for the mess the Knicks are in.

Isiah is a dope as a GM, but Dolan is a spoiled brat who's never had anyone say no to him. Larry Brown did, and that's why he was fired. Dolan wants to further the misery by trying to withold the rest of the money owed to Brown.

• estangestang Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭
    I cannot stand Isiah Thomas --- as a player or a coach/exec/failed CBA commish. He's screwed up everything he's touched after retiring. The best moment was when Larry Bird fired him with the Pacers. Sweet!
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik