Home Sports Talk
Options

Why does Pedro Gomez have a job?

kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
I think he is the worst of ESPN's roster (Sorry Stuart Scott, you were real close). He has absolutely no emotion in his voice and sits there like a monotonous tool. Not sure how relevant this is, but I just had to comment after his piece on the US soccer team this morning.
Travis

Comments

• Options
    Sadly, I was screaming at my television last night when I put on ESPN News last night and they were talking to good ole Gomez about the Houston atmosphere and Roger Clemens' first start. I couldn't help but wonder why he wasn't in San Fransisco with his nose shoved up Bonds' arse.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    ESPN shoved him off to SF to follow Bonds until he broke Ruth's record...little did he know it was going to take so long.

He seems to try to be overly sincere, lots of long pauses. He's annoying, and it appears he tries too hard to be a 'journalist'.

The people I can do without on ESPN for the most part are the ex-athletes who just suck. Sean Salisbury is the head of that list, followed closely by Scottie Pippen (man does he suck), Tino Martinez (hell all the baseball tonight guys).

I just don't understand the obssession with putting athletes in the studio. Just because they played the game doesn't make them good announcers. And just because someone didn't play the game, doesn't mean they can't be great, either.

• Options

<< <i>
    I just don't understand the obssession with putting athletes in the studio. Just because they played the game doesn't make them good announcers. And just because someone didn't play the game, doesn't mean they can't be great, either. >>

Couldn't have said my point of view better myself.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    I have said it before and I will say it again, stuart scott is the worst. He is just flat out annoying and terrible. I wish him and his crazy eye would go somewhere else, maybe he and his creepy eye can move to the travel channel or food network.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that Stuart Scott is the worst, he just flat out annoys me. Bring back Patrick and Olberman!!!!!
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I agree that Stuart Scott is the worst, he just flat out annoys me. Bring back Patrick and Olberman!!!!! >>

Another vote for Stuart Scott. I just won't watch if he's broadcasting. All that fake 'New Jack Slang' just drives me up a wall.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    DP and KO do an hour of Patrick's radio show each day...pure gold.
  • Options
    jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    Can't stand Keith O either. I am not one of the 2 people who watch him on msn.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The people I can do without on ESPN for the most part are the ex-athletes who just suck. Sean Salisbury is the head of that list, followed closely by Scottie Pippen (man does he suck), Tino Martinez (hell all the baseball tonight guys).
    . >>

Tino is terrible on ESPN. Great player, but he is painful to listen to.

I like the other Baseball Tonight guys though -- however, that show is addicting to me -- gotta turn off the TV, or I'll stay up too late.