Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Amazing new wesite

www.vintagecardprices.com is now live...

You can find the value of your graded cards based on auction prices on eBay and all major auction houses. Add you card to "My Collection" and it will keep a collection total like a stock portfolio. Do player searches and find every card for that player listed chronologically...

Over 400+ sets, 35,000+ cards, 9,500 card pix and much more..

check it out

Comments

• Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    VIP Membership
    As a VIP Member, you will be able to...
    Have instant access to the latest prices for every card graded by GAI, SGC and PSA sold in auction.
    Input your collection with the price you paid and watch it like a stock portfolio.
    Post and read comments on any card to share or learn more about the hobby.
    Player search and get a list of every card made of that player listed chronologically.
    Annual members will save 25% on the monthly rate.
    $9.99 monthly membership $99.99 yearly membership

Limited Membership
    As a Limited Member, you will be able to...
    Post and read comments on any card to share or learn more about the hobby.
    Player search and get a list of every card made of that player listed chronologically.
  • Options
    now if I had a way to upload my cards to this site or link the PSA set registry database to it, that would make this awesome. The thought of re-entering every card I have into another database is painful.
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options
    Craveking,

The site is for tracking the value of your cards and it is for your eyes only. It may take a little bit of effort but well worth the time.
  • Options
    Free trial period (3 month's?)
  • Options
    There are no free trial periods what is $10.00 for a month you pay more then that for shipping on 2 auctions that you won. I was about to sell a T202 and then looked it up and found out it was worth $300.00 more and I got it from the buyer, So the site just paid for my membership the next 3 years in one deal, can't beat that.
  • Options
    No free trial is going to make it very hard to attract people to join. You can look at a beckett on Magazine racks for free, and buy a 4 month old SMR on E-bay for 2 bucks. Your site looks very interested. Set collections, up to date pricing and I'm sure there's a lot of other stuff, but I simply can't join unless I know that this is a legit site that provides the unique service that you claim to have. I would imagine that you would be able to attract quality repeat customers from this board if we tried and liked your site. Repeat customers are going to be the majority of your business and this is a great place to start.
    -Ryan
  • Options
    Too bad it's just Baseball. Any plans to add other sports?
  • Options
    vcpbobby - by your vcp name , we assume you are the owner of the new website (VintageCardPrices)? The $300 obviously didn't have to pay for your membership, right? I agree with the other guys - you should give some type of deal for start-up customers....or give sometype of promotional code for checkout for a discount...just my thoughts
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Bresdo- tried to register last nite, and it came back with gibberish. Is it not Safari compatible?

I've heard nothing but good things about the site, and for everyone that complains about SMR this is apparently the solution.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭
    I agree with the rest here - if they gave a free trial period people would flock to it, and if it is as good as advertised they would be hooked for good. Will be more interested when they add 60's and 70's.
  • Options
    Griffins and others,

Yes the site is Safari compatable that is what I use because I am a Mac guy. So why it came up gibberish is news to me. For all you doubters we are going to be at the National in Anaheim to demonstrate the site and show you what the site provides.

I will offer the same deal here that I have on some other boards: Starting today and to the end of this week join up as a VIP and with in a week if you do not like the service we will give a full refund. So far we have had a lot of people join and not one has canceled.

As far as adding we are adding sets all the time and we will have the 60's, 70's and 80's soon.

As of now we have 37,101 cards listed in our database.

There are 47 possible grades for the big 3 companies.

So do the math 37,101 X 47=1,743,747 pages of information at your disposal and growing. And then you can multiply this by 25 because that is how many auctions we hold of each card per grade.
  • Options
    I signed up for your site soon after I saw your announement on the Net54 board. You have a great product and I have been using it as a guideline for my bidding. I have also entered my '33 Goudey set under "My Collections." It appears that the value used for tracking the card's value under My Collection is based on the last sale. However, the last sale could be unusually high or low based on prior sales. Would you be able to base the value on the average sale price to help absorb an abnormal sale price? Again, great product.

David
  • Options
    OnlypsahockeyOnlypsahockey Posts: 1,479 ✭✭
    << Too bad it's just Baseball. Any plans to add other sports? >>

???? Any plans for adding Hockey ????

Thanks, Bob C.
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • Options
    We are in the stage of adding 60's, 70's and 80's to the baseball and then we will expand it to Foodtbal, hockey and basketball not in that order but it will be there.

As for the averaging of the prices we where going to but the processing time of 1.7 million pages and a site full of members will slow down the system too much. So the latest price posts and then you can look at the past auctions of the card to get a real feel of it. And in the stock market the value is what the closing bell is not what it close at a year ago.
  • Options
    Just signed up and found the amount of information pretty incredible- realized prices from a lot of sets in a lot of different grades- and found an ebay auction from last month for a card I'd been looking for for 3 years image

Hard to go wrong for $9.99

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    I'd be interested in joining once the cards from the '50s, '60s and '70s are added. For those of you using the site now, what do you feel is the best feature of it?
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options

<< <i>For those of you using the site now, what do you feel is the best feature of it >>

I either actively collect or have completed a bunch of different sets. Once I complete a set I don't keep checking prices, but this site gives me the ability to easily look up all recent (6-8 months, from what I've seen) sales in a particular grade. And when I'm starting a new set it enables me to see what the cards are really selling for.
    There is also a feature where you can add your cards and it will give you a running, current total of what they are selling for. Sort of like tracking a stock portfolio. I collect for fun, but it's nice to see what everything is worth in reality.

• Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    Make sure you let us know when Football is added as I'd sign up then.

Thanks and good luck

Mike
    "Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Make sure you let us know when Football is added as I'd sign up then.

Thanks and good luck

Mike >>

Same here...
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    We are going to be at the National booth #1349 and all are welcome to come by to see the website and the VIP features. As well as some other promo stuff.
  • Options
    New features added to the website....

"My Collection" alerts..
    Every time a card in your collections sells and posts to the site yo will be notified via email with a link to that cards profile. This is a function you can control by turning on or off.

"Search Assistant"
    We have added a search assistant to help you navigate the site by being able to go back to the set you where adding to your collection with one click of the mouse instead of 5.

"Want List"...soon to come
    You will be able to create a list of cards you are looking for by grader and grade. Since we auction watch eBay you will be notified via email when your card in the grade or higher you are looking for with the eBay item number so you can try to win it.

Just a few thing to add to the membership...
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    this site gives me the ability to easily look up all recent (6-8 months, from what I've seen) sales in a particular grade

how far does the pricing go back? is it from X point forward? starting from what?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    I"ve seen realized prices going back to last November.

• Options
    DITTO THE FOOTBALL
  • Options
    what is this "foot-ball" you speak of, Art?

• Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

<< <i>what is this "foot-ball" you speak of, Art? >>

Its the sport of kings...The numero uno in the U.S. of A.

Better recognize!!!lolol

Seriously though, still waiting on the football...I track most of the HOF RCs myself, but would LOVE to have a service that does it instead, and would gladly pay...

Jason

I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    Bobby -
    Would you elaborate on this so called eBay partnership? Last time i checked, don't you have to do business with someone if you want to be their partner? Seeing as you are violating their TOS, I can't imagine that you are being well recieved.
  • Options
    Never stated we are a eBay partner, we are a eBay developer which gives us access to the site to write cron scripts to obtain information. And how are we in any violation of eBay's TOS?
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    do you have the ability to track modern card sales (2001) and add them to your site?....i like the look, very high end site...
  • Options
    Yes we have the ability to add any cards to the site and are doing so systematically... eventually all years will be in the system
  • Options
    "Set:
    Set Name: Topps
    Total cards in this set: 490
    Card size: 2-5/8 x 3-3/4
    Set Description: Topps issued this innovative set in 1952 which set the standards for cards to come. The front are black & white colorized phots of teh players and for the first time there team logo was printed in color. The backs are numbered and have the players vitals and bio, for the first time the players previous year stats where included. On cards #1-80 can be found with red or black backs as well as cards #311-407 are high numbers and scarce."

turn on the spelling and grammar checker, clean up the site; lots of potential but this is not an isolated case (above). Makes me think this is not a serious, i.e. safe place to invest $99 for a VIP membership.
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options

<< <i>Never stated we are a eBay partner, we are a eBay developer which gives us access to the site to write cron scripts to obtain information. And how are we in any violation of eBay's TOS? >>

Really...

you seem to make other claims in point 3!

Nice job with the thread in Net54 by the way. You handled that with grace and class
  • Options
    You are correct we have made a lot of grammatical errors in the set descriptions due to many long hours of work and no spell check provided in the program. We are currently revising and correcting all the descriptions which will be completed today.

In regards to baseballcardfan: you are obviously affiliated with cardprice????.com or what ever it is called which is still not a functioning site. You where going to launch in May as per your announcement which never materilized. Then a month ago announced in my thread you would be up any day and still not showing. I think you scrapped your site because of VCP and now trying to scramble and re-work it because of the embarrassemant you will get by launching a site that is totally and completley inferior to VCP. I hope you have a product that is usefull to the hobby but seriuosly doubt your team and their talents. So when you do figure out how to write some code then you can have permission to say something. So until then I suggest you shut your mouth
  • Options

<< <i>You are correct we have made a lot of grammatical errors in the set descriptions due to many long hours of work and no spell check provided in the program. We are currently revising and correcting all the descriptions which will be completed today.

In regards to baseballcardfan: you are obviously affiliated with cardprice????.com or what ever it is called which is still not a functioning site. You where going to launch in May as per your announcement which never materilized. Then a month ago announced in my thread you would be up any day and still not showing. I think you scrapped your site because of VCP and now trying to scramble and re-work it because of the embarrassemant you will get by launching a site that is totally and completley inferior to VCP. I hope you have a product that is usefull to the hobby but seriuosly doubt your team and their talents. So when you do figure out how to write some code then you can have permission to say something. So until then I suggest you shut your mouth >>

Bobby -
    I have no affiliation with baseballcardfan. Cardpricer.com, aside from our images, is not up. You are correct in that. If you have any questions as to why, feel free to contact me privately and do not bring my company into this. I stand by my company, our skill sets, and our reputation.

Regards,
    Ted
    http://www.cardpricer.com - More transactions than any site on the web!

Contact Us:
    info@cardpricer.com
  • Options

<< <i>You are correct we have made a lot of grammatical errors in the set descriptions due to many long hours of work and no spell check provided in the program. We are currently revising and correcting all the descriptions which will be completed today.

In regards to baseballcardfan: you are obviously affiliated with cardprice????.com or what ever it is called which is still not a functioning site. You where going to launch in May as per your announcement which never materilized. Then a month ago announced in my thread you would be up any day and still not showing. I think you scrapped your site because of VCP and now trying to scramble and re-work it because of the embarrassemant you will get by launching a site that is totally and completley inferior to VCP. I hope you have a product that is usefull to the hobby but seriuosly doubt your team and their talents. So when you do figure out how to write some code then you can have permission to say something. So until then I suggest you shut your mouth >>

Glad to see you hopped right on that and fixed all the spelling errors. "echem" Sorry to disapoint, I'm just a pissed off potential customer. Don't have anything to do with blacksoxfan.
  • Options
    Okay if you say so baseballcard fan...why you would be a pissed off potential customer is beyond me. But I will make you a deal, sign up as a VIP and I will give you 30 days to try the site. If you are not satisfied with what we have to offer I will give you a full refund for that months membership. I just want to prove the quality of our product to you. Just contact me through the website and refer this offer to me.

• Options
    sorry, i don't do business with liars who cheat, steal, and can't spell.