Home Sports Talk

Steve Bartman

Have the Cubs fans forgiven him to the extent that they do not want to do him bodily harm?

I hear he still lives in the Chicago area.

Comments

• AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Anyone who wishes harm on this guy belongs in the same group of fools as the people harassing that poor women who ben ran into with his motorcycle.

They are classless whiners who think they are being hardcore 'fans' when all they are being are dopes.
  • Here's the link to a great piece that was recently in ESPN magazine. Bartman is still living in Chicago, and no he hasn't really been forgiven:

Steve Bartman
  • zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    I never held anything against him. I was embarassed how the fans acted after that incident and if the Cubs didn't make any errors and pitched well for the rest of that inning, they would have gone to the Series. Its the Cubs fault, not Steve Bartman.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Neighbor Cohen sez in the Bartman article: "There are things in this world more important than the Cubs"......I'd luv to give Bartman a hug, but if I ever see Neighbor Cohen, I'm giving him noogies!image
  • Im with Zef. I could care less about Bartman. It was Prior's meltdown, Gonzales' key error that should have been a double play, and Kyle Farnsworth giving up the predictable back breaker.

And they had Wood going the night after.

It was the same as the 84 playoffs. One game away and then lose three straight.
  • I just read that article. That was outstanding.
  • yes it was the cub team who lost the game but it was bartman who started the chain of events.image